Man U v Newcastle Utd | Vital Football

Man U v Newcastle Utd

Again an early substitute needed. I think the switch for Hall his position was a good call. He still looks nervous on the ball from time to time, but I can see his potential. Especially when you can play on several positions...hehehe. Good to see him score too!!
Let's hope we can keep it this way and won't concede any or one that is too many. Let's go for it!!!

FT 3-0. What a game, some performances were a statement of the younger fringe players, Hall, Livramento (absolute class performance), Willock (took the p*ss out of Casimero). Next round? Probably scousers away

Good to watch, makes up for the night I spent at Old Trafford in the old League Cup for my twenty-first birthday, when we got beat 7-2...

Howay me bonnie lads..

Expected nowt and got surprised but then again, it shouldn't really have been because this squad is made of stuff that you just can't buy.

Livramento showed glimpses of stuff that made his 'world class' potential talk ahead of his move here, that made you half believe it and especially so when you consider his age of 20 and that's before you mention Lewis Hall.

Hall at just 19 was excellent and took his goal well with a celebration that shows he loves playing for the toon.

You just can't believe how well we did considering the majority of squad players that played tonight and especially at the back with Dummett keeping a clean sheet and what about Emile Kraft? 14 months out injured, plays the full 90 odd minutes with a top notch performance and then nearly scores late on with him not looking short of fitness.

It was obvious that we would get another hard game and even moreso with Chelsea away but if we are to lift our first cup in more than a couple of generations, then id take a hard game in every game to the trophy lift.

Ideally Id like a win at Chelsea before a 2 legged semi win over Everton ahead of a win over Liverpool in the final to exorcise all ghosts.

Does not matter who you get, you have to beat anybody to win it. Chelsea are not great at the moment.