Man City v Tottenham Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Man City v Tottenham Thread

they are not that great, the team made them look it tho' yesterday.

Alli is now a primadonna, and an effin dirty one at that. the Kane tackle was bad enough on Sterling but Alli's was 1 of the worst I've seen. totally premeditated to try and nobble a strategic player of a rival team for the rest of the season. pity the ref did see it, cos then they cudda reviewed it after and ban him for a good few games.

he is a nasty snide character that has been doing this for 2 yrs now.... time he got his cumuppance - maybe a Charlie Adam special.

POT got to agree with you fella... he’s fast becoming a proper big time Charlie
Cash in while his reps still up there imo.

I have seen some crap displays by spurs over the years yesterdays was among the worst. I know we played a good team but that doesn't make it any easier to take. Especially some individual performances. Ali, Dier, Trippier, Winks, Eriksen, Rose and Dembele made my blood boil. But not as much as Poch's display. Trippier should have been taken off before half time. It was laughable how easy Sane got passed him. How he was always out of position. It was a joke. Then there was Ali why did he not get taken off earlier. His performance was **** and his attitude was worse.
Poch should have brought on lamela earlier. He did more in 15 minutes than Ali did in 80 plus. The way we were set up. Leaving 2 up was never going to work. Yesterday Poch tried to out smart Pep but that backfired big time. Poch is a dunce compared to Pep and should not try and out smart him.
All in all yesterday was a joke

I'm praying that Real make a £80m+ bid in January and we accept it.

He is a liability at the moment and a nasty piece of work to boot. I don't want him at my club.

It was poor but did anyone think it was on the cards to beat City with their form. I hoped we would but was ready to accept a loss.

Time to move on and rejoice the result of the next game. Poch to blame mostly but he can sort it.

Nick Real Deal - 17/12/2017 16:13

It was poor but did anyone think it was on the cards to beat City with their form. I hoped we would but was ready to accept a loss.

Time to move on and rejoice the result of the next game. Poch to blame mostly but he can sort it.

I think for me it's purely the manner of our defeat, I had hoped to get a draw if everything played as we could, but would accept a 'sh1t we gave it our best' loss..... If that was our best then we are in for a friggin long old season l

Too many below average displays, wrong tactics and subs, just an embarrassment really.

Which poses the question WHY!

Has Poch taken us as far as he can ..... Is Dele already a yesterday man as far as how he plays, and if so ...why again!

There simply has to be a player/manager issue IMO, it can't be for example we miss Toby too much etc...

Before our next game we will hear from some of the players and Poch how we can't wait for the next game to put yesterday's performance 'right' ..... I would rather an honest explanation of what the feck has changed this season.... Wasn't the past two seasons meant to be our springboard?

last season, wanyama/Dier and Wanyama/Dembele were bossing tbhe midfield. Toby the Area in the box. This season always someone is missing. Last season in November we were missing Kane and lost most our points in that period. We just cant take injuries cause of the quality of our squad and people want to buy injury prones like barkley and Austin. I dont understand it. Injuries are what are costing us big time this season. Players like Dier in CB or Winks in CM are just not good enough at the moment to compensate our injured players. Rose is also far away from his form last season. Trippier is nowhere near as good in defending like walker was. The only attacking player we have which ist better then one of thers is Kane and he was poor yesterday. So the only chance we have is to defend better and that is not possible when 3 defensive players are missing.

We are not in our best shape with injuries and form . Add that to tactics and team selection and the defeat was pretty nailed on.
The manner was an issue with individual errors. But that can be fixed. Calling for people's heads is too soon. We have to weather this period and kick again.

All said and done its same old same old.....two steps forward one or two or three back.... late buys in the summer is a recurring theme....poor or late subs....not unusual for Poch.... last season he seemed more with it regarding subs.... yes we have had injuries...but is it just that? not to me it isn't... the form of too many has gone backwards....yes everyone has loss of form, but doesn't stop you working your proverbials of.....

I am positive a few have big issues with Poch/Club that is effecting things.....

Next game I would predict some changes. Davies and Aurier for sure. Sanchez will be back, Lamela could start, Wanyama is close to coming back. Foyth may feature instead of Dier playing CB.

So the team could be Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Vert, Davies, Dier, Winks, Lamela, Son, Kane.

Who out of those want to leave. ? You could suggest Dier but Wanyama is close so he could have competition soon.

Take out a CB like Foyth and replace with Eriksen up top for a more attacking line up .

We also have some young talent hovering to take their chance like Georgiou and Edwards , Gazzaniga if Lloris needs a kick up the rear.

Poch has plenty he can do if it's true a mutiny is rumbling.

Nick Real Deal - 17/12/2017 20:57

Next game I would predict some changes. Davies and Aurier for sure. Sanchez will be back, Lamela could start, Wanyama is close to coming back. Foyth may feature instead of Dier playing CB.

So the team could be Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Vert, Davies, Dier, Winks, Lamela, Son, Kane.

Who out of those want to leave. ? You could suggest Dier but Wanyama is close so he could have competition soon.

Take out a CB like Foyth and replace with Eriksen up top for a more attacking line up .

We also have some young talent hovering to take their chance like Georgiou and Edwards , Gazzaniga if Lloris needs a kick up the rear.

Poch has plenty he can do if it's true a mutiny is rumbling.

Yeah, true.

Eric dier had a shocking game. That sterling 2nd goal was some pathetic defending. When everyone is fit he won't be in the first 11.

just got the feeling that a few of the 'stars' were sending 'come and get me' dog-whistles to a few clubs like Utd and Madrid (to name but 2). what better way to possibly grease the way out to bigger paycheques than to get the coach, fans and ultimately the chairman to more think maybe they'd be better off gone - especially when you see Dier, a CB, trying to fancy-flick a ball away so close to his penalty-area when 2-0 down.

just feels theres more than meets the eye inn that reckless, flaccid performance, regardless of score.

might be more to come before February kicks in.

Don't know if this has been mentioned here but I think it was the first time Pochettino had lost to City.

Plenty O'Tool - 18/12/2017 18:23

just feels theres more than meets the eye inn that reckless, flaccid performance, regardless of score.

might be more to come before February kicks in.
I agree with you and to that l would add Rose and Alli
What I would also say if they want to go let them go

pjones40 - 17/12/2017 14:55

I have seen some crap displays by spurs over the years yesterdays was among the worst. I know we played a good team but that doesn't make it any easier to take. Especially some individual performances. Ali, Dier, Trippier, Winks, Eriksen, Rose and Dembele made my blood boil. But not as much as Poch's display. Trippier should have been taken off before half time. It was laughable how easy Sane got passed him. How he was always out of position. It was a joke. Then there was Ali why did he not get taken off earlier. His performance was **** and his attitude was worse.
Poch should have brought on lamela earlier. He did more in 15 minutes than Ali did in 80 plus. The way we were set up. Leaving 2 up was never going to work. Yesterday Poch tried to out smart Pep but that backfired big time. Poch is a dunce compared to Pep and should not try and out smart him.
All in all yesterday was a joke

True true all this proves emphatically that Poch is clueless especially against the big teams. We should get rid of him now. It may sound like a knee jerk reaction to do so but I believe the sooner the better. He is not the worst manager in the world but that is not good enough for us. He just can not cut it simple

It wasn't long ago that all the pundits, media and the so called 'experts' were lauding Poch. Hailed as some sort of messiah, the best upcoming manager, la de da, de da.. Now not a peep. Seems they've all got egg over their faces to. I'd welcome a critique from any of them. I guess they are sucking up to Pep now. Also, to think England national team core is made of our players.... an early return from Russia (without love) beckons.

It also wasn't that long ago that Alli was regarded as very special !!

Alan Shearer in 2016 said England could build their team around him.

Nick Real Deal - 19/12/2017 08:48

It also wasn't that long ago that Alli was regarded as very special !!

Alan Shearer in 2016 said England could build their team around him.

To be fair Nick I bet Shearer qualified that by saying as long as Ali keeps learning and improving.

He gone backwards at a rate of knots.

His attitude is light years behind his potential. Without the character he will never fulfil his potential, and sadly it appears to be the case.