Man City v NUFC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Man City v NUFC

Not ruthless enough. City not even in second gear making loads of mistakes and we're not good enough to capitalise. This team is a reflection of the manager - too nice. That's why we won't win anything under Howe

If we had been taken over by a billionaire who was a lifetime Newcastle fan with an NE99 postcode and wanted to splash the cash, I wonder if it would have been allowed? Of course it wouldn't.
They just want to prise the jewels in the team away and it's job done

Agree on lewis Hall and I'm not even surprised about that because the glimpses of him I have seen the kid has been brilliant, very similar to Tino very direct. Another case of Eddie sees something in Dan Burn nobody else sees. We had 2 shots on goal yesterday 1 on target. I know its man City but you have to be doing better than that. We played 5 at the back yesterday with wing backs and it was a perfect opportunity to use Dan Burn as 1 of the central 3 with schar and botman, using hall at left back. Instead he brought on Lascelles and played Burn at wing back. All Lascelles seem to do was hoof it back to city. He isn't composed enough to play it out. So what do we do? Give him a contract extension

Same old tired excuses every time from Howe followed by we will sort it out on the training ground but he does not.
Way behind the top sides in terms of quality and consistancy and tactics.
Rewards the players with a nice trip to Dubai.
A lot of work to do. New players, new coaches because the U18's and U21's are not pulling up trees.
Ashworth replacement needed urgently and might as well give the youngsters a chance in the remaining games, forget Europe it aint gonna happen

Same old tired excuses every time from Howe followed by we will sort it out on the training ground but he does not.
Way behind the top sides in terms of quality and consistancy and tactics.
Rewards the players with a nice trip to Dubai.
A lot of work to do. New players, new coaches because the U18's and U21's are not pulling up trees.
Ashworth replacement needed urgently and might as well give the youngsters a chance in the remaining games, forget Europe it aint gonna happen
Like me, Pep Guardiola has had his say on our season and also predicts that we'll come good again next season if we stick with Howe.

And again, like me he has said that when you start to play in four competitions for the first time or at least in a long time then it is very difficult at the beginning and takes time to adapt. An issue made worse by our injuries and he highlighted that fact.

He predicts that Howe will have taken the experience onboard and be better equipped in future.

Also, it is difficult to instill change during a season and even the most simple tactic change has to be done over several weeks if not months so there was never ever going to be a drastic overhaul of anything, however, a bit of a scenery change in a warmer climate sounds like the best place to be if anything new is going to be implemented not to mention a chance to refresh ahead of the run in.

For what it's worth we are 4 points off Europe with a game in hand, not to mention we face that team in 7th next at home after the enforced break in West Ham and what looks on paper at least as not too bad a run in compared to how our first few games of the season panned out.

Like me, Pep Guardiola has had his say on our season and also predicts that we'll come good again next season if we stick with Howe.

And again, like me he has said that when you start to play in four competitions for the first time or at least in a long time then it is very difficult at the beginning and takes time to adapt. An issue made worse by our injuries and he highlighted that fact.

He predicts that Howe will have taken the experience onboard and be better equipped in future.

Also, it is difficult to instill change during a season and even the most simple tactic change has to be done over several weeks if not months so there was never ever going to be a drastic overhaul of anything, however, a bit of a scenery change in a warmer climate sounds like the best place to be if anything new is going to be implemented not to mention a chance to refresh ahead of the run in.

For what it's worth we are 4 points off Europe with a game in hand, not to mention we face that team in 7th next at home after the enforced break in West Ham and what looks on paper at least as not too bad a run in compared to how our first few games of the season panned out.
4 Competitions? What about West ham and Aston villa. Look I know you're always trying to look for positives but it genuinely does come across as if you're making excuses. Every excuse you've made has been shot down - including the fatigue/injuries bullshit. You would almost think we were the only team who had injuries this season it's pathetic. So we had more than most? That's because Howe REFUSED to change the starting eleven. And as for taking weeks to implement a tactic, that is also bullshit because we have reverted to 5 at the back during games numerous times. Like I said I know you're trying to be positive but you're going to be very disappointed next season when we have no excuses like Europe. Which by the way, everybody wanted to qualify for and the club wanted the revenue but didn't capitalise and the manager didn't rotate, and guess what he's still not rotating the squad. We have players back from injury now, what's his excuse? Lewis Hall hadn't kicked a ball in 2 months it's a disgrace if you ask me.

not playing Hall and constantly playing players carrying injuries is not very smart.
Howe being mr nice guy is not a big plus in my opinion, good for interviews but not for progressing the squad to the very top. His playing Burn at left back for such a log period was a big mistake, he had Livamento and Hall available and Burn could have been used to rotate central defence. He likes a family of players and I dont believe likes rotation, which you need, despite what he says.
Credit in the bank thats true but not the answer in my opinion but we will see.
Wish them luck

This is the same Pep who said the Steve Bruce criticism was wrong! You'll not get a manager who speaks negatively on record.

The reason guardiola wants howe to stay is pretty obvious . It's because we'll never threaten City with howe there. How many times has howe beat pep?