Man City v Newcastle United | Page 2 | Vital Football

Man City v Newcastle United

So how much would it have cost us to strengthen sufficiently enough to compete with Man City?

Can you name the players that wanted to come who would have been sufficient enough for us to compete with City?

Who said we were going to win the cup - was reaching a final not good enough for you

Why do you delight when a player or the team struggles?

WE have had no strikers all season and have got where we are based on solid defence. Once you are not so solid you are found out.

Our club captain may have detractors, but 8n today's game there has been little to no impact with the loss of Schar .

Man City who are widely regarded as one of the best teams in Europe have not pulled us apart, ripped us a new one. Indeed if we had our shooting boots on we could have been looking at a different scoreline. I genuinely think we have created the more clear cut chances .

Gone as far as we can with the squad we have imo. Not convinced with the dealings in January but as mc says a million miles away from last season. Onwards and upwards

Man City who are widely regarded as one of the best teams in Europe have not pulled us apart, ripped us a new one. Indeed if we had our shooting boots on we could have been looking at a different scoreline. I genuinely think we have created the more clear cut chances .

You be careful - being realistic and rational won't win you many friends on here 🤣

We've had no strikers?
Wilson who has not been right all season, particularly since The World Cup, Journeyman Wood and Isak who has yet to make a mark. Wislon is always injury prone, we needed two strikers at the start of the season.

Reactions: Rza
Lascelles is such a petulant fucking donkey. Whinging on and won’t step back. When he gets booked he steps back and steps on St Max’s foot.

What shooting boots?

Wilson who has not been right all season, particularly since The World Cup, Journeyman Wood and Isak who has yet to make a mark. Wislon is always injury prone, we needed two strikers at the start of the season.

We needed 2 strikers at the start of the season to achieve what?

Lets not forget, this Citeh team according to FIFA and UEFA, was put together using false accounting, far higher costs than those declared, we toed to toe with them, just unlucky in front of goal, at least we created those chances..

HWTL..

Botman and Bruno could/should have done better for the first - another deflected goal being the undoing of us

Trippier to blame for the second - another misplaced pass and then caught out of position

Wilson missed an absolute sitter he would bury on any other occasion and Joe should have at least made contact with his effort after great build up play

Fine margins which I reckon some of you would more readily accept if we'd spent another 200mil in January

Special mention to Lascelles who I thought had a tremendous game

He must have had a few concerns himself coming into the side against City but he did everything expected of him

He came out well in the couple of one to one's against Haaland

Special mention to Lascelles who I thought had a tremendous game

He must have had a few concerns himself coming into the side against City but he did everything expected of him

He came out well in the couple of one to one's against Haaland

He may well have had a decent game in comparison to his others in the shirt but his game was still limited. I just feel he's slow to react and always looks to play the longer ball when the likes of Schar have the ability to mix it up.

I also thought that he made Burn come out of his position a few times to cover his inability to cover the same areas that Botman or Schar do.