Man City 2-1 Swansea: Match Stats | Vital Football

Man City 2-1 Swansea: Match Stats

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
Match stats....

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=577580

Swansea changed their style and we did adapt, I have no probs with their goal either, Willy unlucky, but we have scored similar, but why did it take a goal to wake us up.

I am not sure why he didn't play VK or Otamendi, but we got over the line by the skin of our teeth.

The booking of Sterling for a dive, not justified momentum took him over and he never threw his hands up to claim a oenalty, I think Dean got that one wrong, right decision no penalty but wrong in booking Sterling.

Yup, if anything he dived to avoid kicking the keeper in the head. I fear he has an unjustified reputation for diving

Pep mentioned a few times over the last weeks that now that everyone is fit, he's having to leave 2 or 3 out of the matchday squad who don't deserve it

Pep: "We were close to not winning the game. I think in 90 mins we deserved to win but the gap between the first half and second is too big. I remember what happened against Middlesbrough and today we were lucky to score in the last minute.

"In general the performance was brilliant and I want to give credit to Swansea as they didn’t allow us to press in the second half. At just 1-0 everything can happen but the performance in general was good and I’m happy with the three points."

Pep: "Gabriel Jesus again made a lot of things with and without the ball. In the box he has the instinct to score goals and when he played with Sergio they both played really well. He runs for 90 mins and is a fighter. He is only 19 and that’s why we’re delighted with what he’s done so far.

"It has not been easy for Sergio but there are five guys in this position. Sergio remains one of the most important players in our squad. He’s going to play with and without Gabriel but today I decided to stick with the three guys up front because they played so well against Crystal Palace and West Ham.

"Sergio’s reaction was perfect. Don’t worry about that."

Pep is almost in a 'no win' situation - he keeps the same forward line which has proved so effective there are question marks about leaving Agüero out of the starting line up; he makes a change and brings in Agüero Andy there are questions about why he has changed a winning forward line :060:

A nice problem to have and one which I think he handled well based on the quotes above. He can point to the result and the scorers of the goals today as justification but I expect the mischief makers to be stirring things over the coming week.

Just watched MotD and am pretty peeved. Did anyone time the length of rags highlights compared with ours - they seemed to have been given a much longer slot.

Also I've just turned on the Superbowl thingy being presented by Mark Chapman in a suit - and his three pundit/summerisers are McMannamanamanamanaman, Bob Fowler and (a bit of a surprise) Phil Boersma.

Seriously, is there no end to Auntie Beebs favouritism?

citizhun - 6/2/2017 04:41

Yup, if anything he dived to avoid kicking the keeper in the head. I fear he has an unjustified reputation for diving

Haven't seen the game yet so cannot comment on It.
I do think Sterling has been a bit inclined to go down easily but I also think Dean does not like him.

Did MOTD analyse the Sterling incident on super slo-mo? Only ask because I noticed Sky didn't even mention it in their HT analysis, I found it odd that Sky would pass up the opportunity to label Sterling a cheat.

It was shown a few times during the match highlights but they didn't discuss it after the game. They started their post match conversation by majoring on the Paul Clement complaint that the shove on Kolarov wasn't a foul; the free kick was taken from somewhere close to Manchester City centre; and the ball was rolling ....that was the reason City scored the winning goal.

The ball was moving and Clichy restarted play several yards from where the foul was committed but given the number of time during the game when the referee had to require Swansea players to retreat to take throw ins from the correct spot I found the 'outrage' (aka moaning) somewhat bemusing

I'd have some sympathy with Clement if it was a case of the free kick being taken from the wrong place catching Swansea off guard and hence out of position but that wasn't the case at all, they had settled back into their shape before the free kick was taken so he's clutching a bit there.

I think their defenders letting God's boy run between them unchallenged for a free (poor) header then not following him in to prevent a tap in when the keeper spilled it....may have had more to do with it :048: