Maloney | Page 2 | Vital Football

Maloney

Deja vu. Maybe we need to be asking questions about the suitability of the board at this point rather than just looking at the manager.
If we hire Maloney now after what's happened with toure. I will have genuine worries about our board. I will be forever grateful for the owners saving us like they did. But if they give the job Maloney then I will be genuinely worried what their long term vision is for the club.

If we hire Maloney now after what's happened with toure. I will have genuine worries about our board. I will be forever grateful for the owners saving us like they did. But if they give the job Maloney then I will be genuinely worried what their long term vision is for the club.

I'm sure the board will be concerned about your worries.

Why on earth does Maloney affect their long term vision. Having a great long term vision, but then making mistakes in delivering it are two totally different things.

Surely if this season has teached you anything its that the board has no long term vision. Theyve got promoted, spent nowt, sacked one of the most succesful Managers the club has ever had, hired Toure, gave him nowt to spend and now here we are! Bottom and managerless.

Surely if this season has teached you anything its that the board has no long term vision. Theyve got promoted, spent nowt, sacked one of the most succesful Managers the club has ever had, hired Toure, gave him nowt to spend and now here we are! Bottom and managerless.
Don't you think they gave Toure little cos of the situation we were in? Let's see if there's anything there for the new mon.

We can't afford another failed 'project' Manager,
if the fans have nothing to look forward too except poor performances and loses, eventually attendances will fall.

The problem is who is making the Final decision and will they learn from the latest appointment failure?

I'm sure the board will be concerned about your worries.

Why on earth does Maloney affect their long term vision. Having a great long term vision, but then making mistakes in delivering it are two totally different things.
Because it is just another gamble like toure was they obviously wouldn't of learned from their previous mistakes. An if their long term vision involves just gambling on in experienced managers and hoping they strike it lucky, everytime we need a new manager. Then yeah it worries me.

Last edited:
The lack of spending don't worry me I would rather us live within our means. Than spend daft amounts of money. But you can build a team and progress. Without spending loads of money if the is a decent vision and people who know how to implement it.

Because it is just another gamble like toure was they obviously wouldn't of learned from their previous mistakes. An if their long term involves just gambling on in experienced managers and hoping they strike it lucky, everytime we need a new manager. Then yeah it worries me.
Appointing every manager is a gamble.

Their long term strategy is to establish our position in this division, and then progress from there into a Premier League team.

This may well be a great move, or it might not ... but it doesn't affect the strategy ... only the delivery of it.

Short memories on Maloney too and his ending at Wigan. On record for me a genius of a player in his pomp and often the difference for us. However, once we were relegated, his performances were unrecognisable and looked like he wasn't trying. First question at interview, why did you commitment wane when the going got tough

Appointing every manager is a gamble.

Their long term strategy is to establish our position in this division, and then progress from there into a Premier League team.

This may well be a great move, or it might not ... but it doesn't affect the strategy ... only the delivery of it.
Whilst nothing is a 100% certain I agree. The is a difference in the type of gamble you can take. For example if we hired Warnock that would be alot less of a gamble due to his experience In this division than hiring a Maloney who has no experience managing in this division and his only previous job lasted 4 months. I am sure even you can see that.

Short memories on Maloney too and his ending at Wigan. On record for me a genius of a player in his pomp and often the difference for us. However, once we were relegated, his performances were unrecognisable and looked like he wasn't trying. First question at interview, why did you commitment wane when the going got tough

Your recollections differ from mine Mr Sheldon.

Whilst nothing is a 100% certain I agree. The is a difference in the type of gamble you can take. For example if we hired Warnock that would be alot less of a gamble due to his experience In this division than hiring a Maloney who has no experience managing in this division and his only previous job lasted 4 months. I am sure even you can see that.

I don't disagree (even though I don't want Colin) ... but none of that has anything to fo with long term strategy

We had a fair few managers after we got relegated and I just felt he never really fitted in with what they wanted. He was a class player who was a level above our team on his day. He also had a manager in Roberto who really rated him and got the best out of him

As I recall he suffered a serious injury in 2013 and was extremely bitter about being rushed back into the fold by Rösler for the end of the season when he wasn’t fully recovered.

Based on the various horror stories to come out about Uwe’s treatment of players since, it doesn’t sound like an isolated incident and I can’t blame him for wanting out at the first opportunity thereafter.

Let's be sensible we aren't in any position to get a big name manager as they would likely end up with a relegation on their CV,Maloney was a hero as a player and will know what the fans demand and won't need to be told of the culture of the club and the town.Barrow and Boyce seem to be getting mentions as part of his coaching staff so all round knowledge of the club assured.

Maloney will play the right way and has big connections to us, but for the love of god hire someone on a short term deal to get us out this mess then go for him in the summer where we know where we are, managers like Kolo and Maloney may end up being good managers but you can’t be giving rookies a job in a position we are in, it’s suicidal.

10 days ago he wrote about Geldhart coming back. And look where Geldhart is heading to?
You have to laugh. Tics fans - including posters on here - want PK to report stuff about the club with some "insider knowledge", and moan when he doesn't.

In this instance, he took a flier - maybe with the blessing of the club, given the progress that had been made in concluding the deal - , and when it turns out that one party's changed their minds, he gets ridiculed.

Just laughable.