Mahoney | Vital Football

Mahoney

No I agree. I think that suggests he's planning to be here next season and good thing if he is. Possibly our most talented player

I've changed my opinion from a few weeks ago and would like to see him sign permanently. He is inconsistent, but were we not so reliant on him to make something happen it wouldn't be so noticeable.
Also as others have previously mentioned, I think he'll be better with better and quicker players around him.

One of the few who can take a player on and make something happen. Happy for him to sign but not by taking a big chunk of the salary budget. Mid range salary and sign him up. He's not delivered consistently enough to be the "main" target this season.

We have a couple of attacking players that could be said to have not performed to their ability, but it seems some of them get routinely criticised for it while others are offered all the excuses imaginable.

I like Mahoney, one of the few players this season who has had any sort of creative impact and one of the few I’ve actually enjoyed watching at times, even if he can be occasionally frustrating.

Happy to see him sign again, provided the finances make sense.

It’s a no from me, yesterday’s performance was like so many this season. Can’t recall anything in the first half and a few decent bits in the second half. He bottles most challenges and goes missing for large periods and I suspect he’s a top earner.

When we are playing well Mahoney seems to shine. When we're not he seems to disappear. Sadly he doesn't seem to have what it takes to influence a game.

If we can get the midfielder and strikers we need I think he'll fit in really well but I wouldn't break the bank to keep him.

He is inconsistent, but were we not so reliant on him to make something happen it wouldn't be so noticeable.

I think this is it, on the head.

Guy has talent, no doubt. If we had more players like him, the dependency on him to produce would fall and ironically it might make him even more effective. We've been a one flank team since January...