Magnificent seven | Page 2 | Vital Football

Magnificent seven

Can we get back to football please.....which of the games remaining will prove to be our magnificent 7 in keeping us up?

If these MP's really cared about antisemistim and the direction of Labour they'd have gone years ago as all of that has been in the party for a long time - regardless of the validity of their critasism of Corbyns running of the party this is more another attempt to thwart Brexit.

They are going to stand on wanting another referendum as they know Labour wont do so as it would risk alienating about 70% of their contstituencies that voted leave. They are going to be saying; everyone was lied to, the facts have changed, more votes equals more democracy, people have the right to change their mind, etc - all the same old excuses to try and overturn the original referendum.

Yet they won their seat by standing for the Labour party (i believe most if not all are Labour safe seats and 2 of the 7 are from Leave voting areas) and they stood on the Labour manifesto of leaving the EU including the customs union, single market and freedom of movement. So why do they demand the nation vote again when they wont even face their constituents again in a by election when they have completely switched away from the party / manifesto that got them elected?

Typical politicians - one rule for themselves and one rule for everyone else. I think there should be a rule that if you resign from your party it's an automatic by election as most people tend to vote for the party rather than individual.

Expect a handful of Torys to join them who were the biggest EU fanatics.

Also i find the name the new party name Independent Group quite ironic when they are fighting against an indepedent Britain and they keep calling themselves centrist yet are going against the majority. I am as against Corbyn version of Labour as you can possibly be but to me this doesn't look like a brave principled act - more self serving. They are just the Lib Dems 2 - wouldn't shock me if they merged.

I'm sorry but the same could be said of you being radicalized by the right wing media could it not

No. As I've said numerous times I've no affiliation to any political party and have voted for both mainstream ones. There needs to be balance with different governments re aligning the scale. What isn't needed is a move toward either end of the political spectrum which festers hate, intolerance and extremism. Sadly Labour in its current guise is exactly that, with the re admittance of the repugnant Hatton to join the cabal of hard line marxists further evidence of it. Whatever the political motives of the group of seven, they are united in preventing this dangerous cabal from gaining election into government office so have to be respected for that. There are many many more labour MPs that agree with them, some will join them, some have said they will stay and fight from within, which in itself is incredible really to consider they don't think their own party is suitable to be in government.

Charlz......... Its a perfectly reasonable thread and discussion....... though granted, it should probably be in Off Topic.

KDZ........... lots of truths in what you post....... particularly the bit about the lies. (I won't go into the election manifesto stuff again - been there, done that).

Never mind....... We'll be fine when Liam Fox sorts all these (easiest thing in the world) post EU deals.

Cheers everyone.
?

No. As I've said numerous times I've no affiliation to any political party and have voted for both mainstream ones. There needs to be balance with different governments re aligning the scale. What isn't needed is a move toward either end of the political spectrum which festers hate, intolerance and extremism. Sadly Labour in its current guise is exactly that, with the re admittance of the repugnant Hatton to join the cabal of hard line marxists further evidence of it. Whatever the political motives of the group of seven, they are united in preventing this dangerous cabal from gaining election into government office so have to be respected for that. There are many many more labour MPs that agree with them, some will join them, some have said they will stay and fight from within, which in itself is incredible really to consider they don't think their own party is suitable to be in government.
These days you're either Corbynite or a reactionary right winger.

You do talk a load of utter bo***cks!! " I heard the argument" so therefore it must be true.
You twist the truth to suit your own agenda in politics, just as you do in football.
You have no idea what Lisa Nandy thinks or does, you have never met her or engaged in a conversation with her.
Keep drip dripping your bile and mis-information and soon you may have others believing it just as you do., that's your tactics.
Time for you to find out some real truths and facts, but you don't want to because you prefer to believe the sh*t that you come out with.
Nandy stated on national TV- question time couple of months ago from Barrow - That she was fighting for and representing the views of her constituents who voted to remain in the EU.
She should have been de-selected the next day IMO and I hope the constituency labour party and/or labour voters in Wigan are reminded of that at the next GE

These days you're either Corbynite or a reactionary right winger.

The funny thing is i think most people in the country are neither and despite what the media would have us believe i think most people would largely agree on the main things - but neither party is offering the type of common sense policies that people want.

Nandy stated on national TV- question time couple of months ago from Barrow - That she was fighting for and representing the views of her constituents who voted to remain in the EU.
She should have been de-selected the next day IMO and I hope the constituency labour party and/or labour voters in Wigan are reminded of that at the next GE

It's the same argument being used yesterday, as I said a rational one. However in light of the fact Nandy and others have openly stated they've acted against the majority in their constituencies on a massive issue and werent deselected, then the same argument that there should be by elections in the seats held by the magnificent seven who deserted the racist Labour Party doesn't hold water.

I don't think it's the safest. But it would take a real landslide for it to change hands.

I'm sure I read somewhere that David Cameron's seat is the safest. There is the old phrase about Wiganers voting for a pig if it wore a red rosette as some kind of putdown to suggest a lack of intelligence. But Tory voters in some parts of the country are equally capable of blindly following tradition. Yet I never see the same insult in their direction.

the insignificant seven has they are being called are as as been said in it for themselves they are what is left of new Labour or Tory light when they was in power it's been revealed they voted with the Tories on numerous things that have continued this ridiculous austerity what is crippling the Labour voters they claim to represent

the insignificant seven has they are being called are as as been said in it for themselves they are what is left of new Labour or Tory light when they was in power it's been revealed they voted with the Tories on numerous things that have continued this ridiculous austerity what is crippling the Labour voters they claim to represent

A touch unfair that Martinez.

To lump them all as being "in it for themselves" is completely unjustified, and plain wrong. Just look at their histories. Some have been members of the Labour party for decades - maybe since before you were born. Certainly before the creation of "New Labour".

Hell, even the party Deputy Leader acknowledged the legitimacy behind some of the reasons for their leaving.

There's a good argument to be made that they should have stayed and fought for their beliefs within the Labour party, but that doesn't mean their argument/issues should be dismissed.

You do talk a load of utter bo***cks!! " I heard the argument" so therefore it must be true.
You twist the truth to suit your own agenda in politics, just as you do in football.
You have no idea what Lisa Nandy thinks or does, you have never met her or engaged in a conversation with her.

Well please KM tells us what she does think or do cos from what your saying you do???
She certainly isn't representing the 70% of Wiganers who voted leave or does that not matter?

A touch unfair that Martinez.

To lump them all as being "in it for themselves" is completely unjustified, and plain wrong. Just look at their histories. Some have been members of the Labour party for decades - maybe since before you were born. Certainly before the creation of "New Labour".

Hell, even the party Deputy Leader acknowledged the legitimacy behind some of the reasons for their leaving.

There's a good argument to be made that they should have stayed and fought for their beliefs within the Labour party, but that doesn't mean their argument/issues should be dismissed.

maybe so but they want a people's vote do they not then I believe a by election is a people's vote pity they don't have the balls to have one

maybe so but they want a people's vote do they not then I believe a by election is a people's vote pity they don't have the balls to have one
That's a completely different argument............ but I presume you're aware that the second referendum proposal was passed by the Labour party conference ......... they just want Jezza to abide by it.

Regardless, your initial comments were unwarranted.

Oh, and for the record, I agree that when any MP resigns from their party that a by-election should be called......... & in this instance, I reckon that at least 3 of them would win, standing as independents.

UNSUBSCRIBE

Charlz, I'm heading over to the off topic section to see if anyone is discussing foitball.
Oh, come on Mr Itis. The thread hasn't been hijacked, and the debate has (in the main) been respectful.

Folk forget to go across to Off Topic. Where's the harm?

If you want more football debate, then initiate it........though given we had no game at weekend, isn't it understandable that things are a little quiet?

MP's are listed on ballot forms as individuals not parties and as such are not required to vacate the seat when they leave a party. Although they may campaign on party lines they are free to move away at any time.

The only system that would prevent this from happening would be Proportional Representation where voting is for the party manifesto and parliament is made up based on the percentage of votes received. Each party then puts forward its candidates to take up the seats allocated, therefore in the case of an MP defecting or leaving the party they would automatically be replaced by another from the same party.