Mackems get their man. | Vital Football

Mackems get their man.

Stormin' Norman

Vital Squad Member
Its more or less sorted, i know who it is and all the ins and outs.

Unfortunately i'm a troll that doesnt go to games and don't know what i'm talking about, oh well your loss! :Fingers:

Last edited:
"I'm interested, If you want me come and get me" was the message to Sunderland.

Wages and Compensation being agreed as we speak.

Paul Cook.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/championship-managers-interest-in-sunderland-role-revealed/

Apparently Cook is interested. Who'd blame him?

If (and it's a big if) he's offered the Sunderland job, it's a win win win:

Paul wins because he gets a job at a bigger club with more money and no sacking on his CV.

Sunderland win because they get a manager proven to be able to do the business at the level they're currently playing.

Latics win because we get rid of Paul without having to pay up his contract.

Whilst I've been get vocal about wanting Paul out, I made it clear that it's not personal. Far from it. I think he's a really good guy. But he's not a good enough manager for the Championship.

If he does go to Sunderland, it's ideal because Paul gets a good job and doesn't have a sacking on his CV. He did a brilliant job in League One, and so he'll be remembered as a manager who earned us promotion from League One, not as a manager who got us relegated from the Championship. Fitting for a good guy who through no personal fault found himself out of his depth in a bigger league.

Last edited:
Sunderland are a L1 long ball team who are trying to keep costs down - Parkinson is a good long ball L1 manager used to working under a tight budget and has a few promotions and play offs on his cv. He is a very good L1 manager but like many other managers that is his ceiling and unlike someone like Strendel who may have wanted to rebuild in his image Parkinson is a better fit to run with what they have. He doesn't play nice football but at that level he knows how to get results.

I think he will get them promoted if not this year next but will struggle once they are back up. I think it's a cheap short term appointment to get them up. It's not a sexy appointment but I think it's a pragmatic one.

So you’ve written another manager off :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can you not read or something? It would explain why so many of your posts are such nonsense as I cleary said he'll take them up and is a good L1 manager. Hardly writing him off is it?

I said he'll likely struggle once promoted based on a win ratio of 18% in nearly 150 games accross multiple clubs at this level. Think that is a pretty reasonable assertion on demonstrable stats.

You love to overuse the laughing emojis appropriate for how laughable your responses are. Guess you did well though not calling anyone a name in a reply for a change though.