MaCarthy potted thank fcuk | Vital Football

MaCarthy potted thank fcuk

Too little too late.
Debbie total unknown- I guess there is nothing to lose.
I'm resigned to us going down, seen it enough times before to know it's inevitable.

Quitchley will divide the fan base, the board won't be able to play the 'we underestimated the fans' reaction' card again...

Anyone got any suggestions for the next manager?

For me I'd take a punt on Pete Wild at Barrow.
Only 1 year in to.a 3yr contract but has taken a club on a nothing budget to the upper half of lge 2.
Did brilliantly in the Conf. With Halifax.

Quitchley will divide the fan base, the board won't be able to play the 'we underestimated the fans' reaction' card again...

Anyone got any suggestions for the next manager?

For me I'd take a punt on Pete Wild at Barrow.
Only 1 year in to.a 3yr contract but has taken a club on a nothing budget to the upper half of lge 2.
Did brilliantly in the Conf. With Halifax.
The Sunday Mail saying we are in contact with Critchley and Mellon only rumours but I do not want Critchley he will let us down again.

Last edited:
The Sunday Mail saying we are in contact with Critchley and Mellon only rumours but I do not want Critchley he will let us down again.

If that's the case then God help us. You can judge a mans character on his actions and words and he had very few when he walked out on us, I have seen nothing from Critchley to convince me. He's flat, uninspiring, his tactics are boring. I just don't get it. Nevertheless, the buffoons at the helm know best as always. Dobbie would probably be a better and cheaper option. I say give him a good go at it, can't be any worse than that overrated weasel.

If that's the case then God help us. You can judge a mans character on his actions and words and he had very few when he walked out on us, I have seen nothing from Critchley to convince me. He's flat, uninspiring, his tactics are boring. I just don't get it. Nevertheless, the buffoons at the helm know best as always. Dobbie would probably be a better and cheaper option. I say give him a good go at it, can't be any worse than that overrated weasel.
Got us promoted didn't he .Michaelp.

The thing is, and we all know this, the rot set in WAY before MM took the helm. When Critch walked we knew something was wrong 'higher up'. Investment? Lack of? Ambition? I don't know. Then, to make matters worse, they appointed one of the most uninspiring, least successful prior manager's we've had in Appleton.
MM, yes he was a dinosaur in his approach, but it was worth a try with an experienced manager.

The lads playing, to what I've seen, gave up a long, long time ago. You could see they absolutely HATED playing under Appleton and that for me was it.

Where does the blame lie? It's obviously coming down from the top (a fish rots from the head down!) and to my mind SS has not chosen his team around him well. Mansford has to take a lot of blame for these appointments and lack of judgement in the playing squad investments. I know that if I'd ever performed that badly in my management roles then I'd have certainly faced written warnings at the very least. I understand that SS is a businessman with a passion for BFC and that he has very little 'footballing knowledge'. So? He needs to get someone in who has. I don't know who but I DO know that Mansford isn't that man..

Where do we go from here? Hopefully Dobbie can get the team 'onside' again and passionate even if the inevitable happens and then is either given a go himself or we bring in a new coach again who's keen and ready to fight because that's what we'll need going forward - fight.

I've seen a lot better days at BFC but I've also seen worse - the Oystains, having to apply for re-election etc etc. We CAN turn this around again and the main driving force will always be US. The Mighty faithful. Don't lose heart; the club needs us more than anything.

Well presented case Bob.

Yes, we have all seen troubled times before but we are a resilient club and will come again but judicious pruning can often bring rejuvenation.

Critchley was a curate's egg. He wouldn't be my choice but am sure if he comes again it will be on a different basis. There must have been a reason why he left. I shan't be on his back from the start but won't give him much time to enjoy the benefit of the doubt. Surely he cannot be the top or only candidate?

I would urge SS to clear out his backroom àdmin hierarchy and replace them with proven football people.