MA Pre-Burton Press Conference | Vital Football

MA Pre-Burton Press Conference

Poole being out is ok if Walsh or Jackson can play and move Eyoma. Bramall's a bit more tricky because you'd have to take Edun out of CM where we're short unless Roughan comes back in.

Either we're the unluckiest club in the EFL with injuries, or MA is ultra-cautious. Or both!

Poole being out is ok if Walsh or Jackson can play and move Eyoma. Bramall's a bit more tricky because you'd have to take Edun out of CM where we're short unless Roughan comes back in.

Yep, although I thought he said on Sat that neither Walsh nor Jackson would be available on Tuesday. I might have that wrong though.

Am rather fearing that that a Bossie tackle is not the sort of thing our youngsters will be too keen on. Better that they use pace and avoidance to get goals, and to prevent yet more injuries?

Don't forget that there may also be a bit of truth twisting here. After all, we don't want the opposition to know our possible line up today, do we? Nah, save it until an hour before kick-off or whatever is the actual cut off point.

Apps did say previously that tomorrow would be too soon for both Jackson and Walsh. With the two full backs at 50/50 that could mean a whole first team defence out, although that comment is a bit unfair to TJ and Monster. I think at least one will make it. Harry can play at right back so I would leave TJ in the centre. Tayo may have to return to left back. Sounds like Grant will be at worst on the bench which is a big lift. We just need to tough it out tomorrow.

Well all the talk about TJ and whether he may be allowed to return here again next season, it seems Mourinho won’t be making any sort of decision, as it looks like he has been sacked at Spurs.

Well all the talk about TJ and whether he may be allowed to return here again next season, it seems Mourinho won’t be making any sort of decision, as it looks like he has been sacked at Spurs.
Sacked for not being in favour of the super league proposal according to what I heard on the radio

I cannot recall a series of injuries like this in 50 years. The reasons may be numerous - bad luck, training schedules, the impact of COVID, two lockdowns - but it must also be a product of the compacted season. Lincoln have played 52 games in 225 days; by comparison, in the last completed season of 2018-19, Lincoln played 55 in 274 days, which is a huge difference. Lincoln also seemed to hit a fitness wall in early March as well as injuries. The interesting thing is that other clubs will be in the same boat now. Is Sunderland's sudden drop in form related? Portsmouth? Accrington? Doncaster? Are there other clubs currently in the top eight that will be affected during the next six games?