Luton v Notts | Vital Football

Luton v Notts

caj85

Vital Youth Team
Ok people last saturday was nothing short of depressing for me! Maybe Fullarton is an away day type of manager, so who predicts a 3rd away win for the Mighty Pies?

Luton are pretty poor at home (no win in 4) only winning 3 times, 4 draws and 6 losses. To be fair they have played most of the top half teams so far.

A draw looks likely but I can't see our team having the mental strength to hold on if we get into a promising position.

2-1 loss for me I'm afraid.

My blind optimism is only stretching as far as a draw... I'm really hoping that Fullarton is capable of learning from his mistakes.

After Saturdays performance you would expect that Fullarton has read the riot act to the squad and is drilling them harder this week to be ready for Luton.

He should also have taken a hard look at his tactics.

I think Fullarton's playing style will be more suited to playing away than at home, but I still can't see us getting anything on Saturday. We are still dodgy in defence, weak in midfield and seem to have lost the creative spark. Luton 3-0 Notts.

I doubt if Stanley will be picked, could be wrong hopefully.

I think we will be set up to park a doubledecker and try for smash and grab without success. 2-0 to Luton and the discontent continues.

uysapie - 27/1/2016 16:45

I doubt if Stanley will be picked, could be wrong hopefully.

I think we will be set up to park a doubledecker and try for smash and grab without success. 2-0 to Luton and the discontent continues.

You give me the impression Fullarton is a Freedman clone with the park the bus and hope to grab a winner tactics, and boring football for most of the game.

If so the other board will go into a bigger melt down than earlier this week.

That's the impression I gained, trying to set us up not to lose on Saturday and being more concerned with trying (unsuccessfully) to stop the opposition.

As you say, t'other board will soon be in meltdown if I am right.

I'm for giving Fullarton the benefit of the doubt still.

Jacob's article in the NEP was spot on, but, if JF is what Gartside, Freedman, Winter and others say he is, a man with potential to improve - like Moniz - he might be able to learn his lessons quickly. *might* *if* *may* ...

I'm going a 0 - 1 smash and grab win for Notts, and *if* I'm right again you won't be able to think straight for the sound of my trump-trumpeting!

I hardly ever predict a defeat for us as I am almost always optimistic but with Luton still fresh from a comfortable win over Mansfield and Notts being terrible in our last match, I fear the worst. As SolSigns says, we have to hope that Fullarton will learn from his mistakes, however, it is unlikely he will be given an appropriate amount of time to do so (by the fans at least). It's going over old ground, I know, but we were never in a position to give a complete novice the time he will probably need to succeed.

Sorry Uysapie. Just realised that we have predicted the same scoreline but I put it as 2-0 rather than 0-2. I should really read the comments more carefully before posting blushing

I'm going out on a limb 1 or 2 nil to us, I think last weeks performance has been a massive wake up call to Jamie Fullarton. If he is as attentive to detail as we are led to believe he should have worked the squad this week to get a result tomorrow to restore some pride in the players and us supporters (I hope)

Oldstripy - 29/1/2016 10:27

I'm going out on a limb 1 or 2 nil to us, I think last weeks performance has been a massive wake up call to Jamie Fullarton. If he is as attentive to detail as we are led to believe he should have worked the squad this week to get a result tomorrow to restore some pride in the players and us supporters (I hope)

Nice one! The tactics are fine away but he will have to produce attacking football at home to get the fans on his side.

uysapie - 29/1/2016 22:14

Oldstripy - 29/1/2016 10:27

Nice one! The tactics are fine away but he will have to produce attacking football at home to get the fans on his side.

He will, but for today let's enjoy the win!

Nothing like a good win to lift the spirits. It's been a very long week and I've certainly not been my usual optimistic self. Let's hope that we can play the way we know we can at home next week. Is 2 wins on the trot really too much to ask for this season?!!!

He's going to have to pull something out for us to get over last week.
If he can get home performances that actually entertain, even if we lose, he might have a chance.

I think that we're all doubters. Unfortunately, there have been a fair few posters on Mad who have already been really abusive towards him which is ridiculously unfair. I was dismayed by the decision to appoint him as it appears to be a crazy risk at a time when we could really do without it. That isn't Fullarton's fault though. Last week's debacle exacerbated the anger many fans are still feeling about the managerial appointment but today's response was perfect. I really hope that Fullarton succeeds and I will be the first to congratulate the board if he does. Under the circumstances, it will be quite some achievement if he manages to do well at Notts.

I am still peed off about last week. Total surrender is what it was. My worry is that he will set us up to defend and counter attack at home, which is not what I pay to see.

I would love to be proved wrong.