Luton Home | Page 4 | Vital Football

Luton Home

If we had got a draw at WBA and won this there would be no complaints, Luton did a job on us today, as we did on Reading and WBA, they played a high line closed us down quickly and used the wind in the second half, banging long high balls at us picking up the second ball deep in our half, then going to ground easily to get free kicks, the excellent delivery of those free kicks really tested us and caused us some problems, though we dealt with them, something we may not have done earlier in the season.

One complaint, why can our dead balls not be delivered with the same quality as the luton lad did.
We did a job on ourselves today. No creativity. Poor crosses by the inappropriately named Wing Backs and a dire day at the office from a very poor so called attacking midfield. How the inept Lowe stayed on the field for 81 minutes only Cook could tells us that.
Totally lacking in support and service for the hard working Moore. Felt sorry for the lad today.
Joe Garner must start now every game rather than Lowe.

They often say the scoreline doesn’t tell the whole story. Today the scoreline told the whole story.

Whilst the performance was pretty much as I expected I thought we’d be narrowly be beaten so a draw was a bonus to a degree. I don’t buy that Luton did a job on us- they really needed to beat us and never looked like doing so. They were shite, so were we, but a point to maintain that gap is better for us.

As I thought beforehand we were too concentrated on not losing as opposed to having the desire to win, Typical Cook in a 6 pointer so whilst I’m not surprised I’m not too disappointed either. Balogun and Morsy played well but other than those two there wasn’t much to be enthusiastic about. Take a point and move on.

Not a good match at all but i am a lot happier than the Luton fans who could not understand why they seemed to be happy with a draw and wasted time all the match! Hull and Charlton seem to be on a steep downward spiral,Really think we will be more than alright come seasons end!!

Pity we couldn't create anything apart from the one that fell to Jacobs. We really need to add quality in the summer if we can stay up. Wide areas are desperately poor. I'd imaging pilkington fox and a few others will be off so at least some wages freed up to try and get someone better than what we have.

Absolutely bloody awful game. I'd really struggle to think of anything to put in highlights.

Luton are the worst team I've seen. Literally no quality whatsoever... How we can beat Reading by three and beat Leeds and WBA away, then not beat them is totally baffling. By what I saw today, they are a League Two calibre side. Not that we are stellar, but we should be beating dross like that at a canter.

That said, it's kind of what I expected. We've played well in recent games, and the only thing we do consistently is be inconsistent, so we were more than due a poor showing. Just glad the opposition this time was so bad they couldn't take advantage.

Last edited:
Crap performance, crap game, crappy blustery conditions, take the point and move on.

As an aside, remember these comments from early Feb KDZ, we managed it in 7 games:

.......I know Hull are currently 10 points clear of us but they've lost both Bowen and Grosicki in the window which is huge for them. They have signed some players but looking at their defeat at the weekend they looked utterly shambolic. A mate of mine is a Hull fan and he was telling me a month ago about the off field issues blighting the club which he thought was affecting on field performances. I wouldn't be surprised if they get dragged into the relegation scrap. Here's hoping.

I was thinking the same, the loss of those 2 is huge, their squad is very thin on goals now ........ but i think we've left ourselves too much to make up 10 points in 12 games even if our form continues to improve.

I totally get the people saying that we would have been over the moon with 4 points in the last 2 games, but last week we gained 2 points on Luton. If we drew last week and won today then we gained 3 points on them.

Today felt lazy. We sleep walked through the 1st half and didnt have the energy to kick start the 2nd. My disappointment comes as a result of the upturn in form. We had nothing to fear today and confidence should have been sky high, yet we allowed them to dictate how the game flowed. They chose to bypass the midfield in the 2nd half and we allowed it to happen rather than take advantage of the space and get Morsy on the ball. A lot of folks were off their game but this is the kind of game we would have lost 2 months ago, and it didnt really look like that would happen today - barring a few scuffed clearances and last ditch tackles

We had too many players whose performance levels dipped today which I suppose is to be expected after the effort they have put in over the last couple of weeks. We are fortunate that we have stumbled on a really class player in Balagun who has transformed our back line. What a loan signing.

Luton played some bruisers today and I thought they came here to make it difficult and disrupt our play. In some ways I would take that as a compliment. As others have said it’s another point, another clean sheet (who thought we’d be saying that a couple of months ago?) and we move on to a really big game at Huddersfield.

A special mention from me to Julie who looks after the mascots and everyone behind the scenes. They really are a credit to the club. I surprised my son today on his 12th birthday by arranging for him and his sister to be mascots. They both had a thoroughly great day. Disappointing we couldn’t get the three points but you can’t have everything!

One positive bit of news for you. I had a brief chat with Joffy at half time. He’s had a slight hamstring strain but says he should be back next week. What a lovely lad by the way.

Very surprised (and disappointed) that Graeme Jones set up a team to play like that - clearly the apprentice has learned little from the master !
That said we weren't much better and point already made that we just don't do 6 pointers.
Massey was woeful, Lowe was as bad and whatever the question Jacobs is not the answer. Thanks 🤡 normal service resumed.
In a cameo of utter 💩 he managed to wuss out of at least 2 challenges, fall over the ball and miss an open goal at the end.
Many said the keeper pulled off a worldy - he shouldn't have been unable to get a hand on it.
Every opportunity to get some daylight missed big time today.
Just off to collect the ball from my garden from one of Nathan Byrne's crosses 🙄

On the sunny side great to here some top player baiting today to the cheating diving prick Cornick.
As he was subbed a shout from ES3 " you're just a shit Jack Grealish"
Made me laugh 🤣

Havlng said the above, the conditions didnt help. Only quality on the pitch was Balogun (again a class act) and both Morsy and Moore battled hard. Garner must have more than 10 minutes in future.
But overall it was worse than division 2.

It was a great save, but that miss at the end from Jacobs just emphasis why we will never be able to take the next step up from relegation battlers at this level until the likes of him and the rest of the League One superstars within the squad are gone. Had to fucking score and a massive opportunity to pull clear pissed away.

It was a great save, but that miss at the end from Jacobs just emphasis why we will never be able to take the next step up from relegation battlers at this level until the likes of him and the rest of the League One superstars within the squad are gone. Had to fucking score and a massive opportunity to pull clear pissed away.
Wish i got paid thousands a week to be consistently shit at my job 🙄
Or paid nothing but got a free pitchside seat to be consistently shit at my job - who's brifing the ball boys FFS 😉

It wasn't the result we wanted but the vast majority of people didn't expect us to beat West Brom or Leeds (and almost nobody would have expected us to beat both). It is another point closer to safety. We were due a poor performance. I'm now confident that our defence can withstand pressure - I think we'd have lost a game like this several months ago. 4 or 5 of our remaining games are against teams that are near us in the table, so our fate is very much in our own hands.

Balogun is impressive. Even when he makes an error, he recovers very quickly. He's good on the ball, as well as being a great defender. Kipre has also been outstanding recently. The two of them are forming a great partnership. I think that Pearce offers balance to the team - does anybody know why he was out and when he will be back?

Some players did not put a shift in today and that’s very poor.......Pilkington,Massey,Lowe,Jacobs .......need I say more !
The attacking midfielders and the shitty wing back system have been the problem all season but also
it may be just the fact that the four you mentioned are not really good enough for this level. Or consistently good enough.
Hopefully someone will come in for Jamal Lowe in the summer. Maybe Fleetwood or Stanley. Morecambe maybe if they stay up. One thing if we want to progress it can not be with us but the same can be said for all of those plus the manager.