Luke Freeman and Ollie McBurnie | Vital Football

Luke Freeman and Ollie McBurnie

SirRodneyEffing

Vital Squad Member
Bid of £4m made for Luke Freeman according to Nixon in The Sun. The report says that QPR are open to the deal and we hope to have it sorted in the next couple of days. We are also apparently going to bid £15m for McBurnie shortly. Nixon is not as reliable as people give him credit for, but the fact that this is a full article rather than a tweet or a "bit in paper" gives it a bit more credibility.

Bid of £4m made for Luke Freeman according to Nixon in The Sun. The report says that QPR are open to the deal and we hope to have it sorted in the next couple of days. We are also apparently going to bid £15m for McBurnie shortly. Nixon is not as reliable as people give him credit for, but the fact that this is a full article rather than a tweet or a "bit in paper" gives it a bit more credibility.
I hope so, these are both players that i like and will 100% improve our team. That is all Chris can do to be honest and we just have to accept that and give our full support.

I’d be happy if we got both of these even tho the last time I saw freeman he had a shocker his season stats were decent and I think he was the fans player of the yr last yr ya can’t fool the punters

£4m for Freeman would be a good deal in the current climate

£15m for McBurnie tho........................ wowser

If that is correct, I hope the fee is a fair bit less with the balance being add ons

If that is correct, I hope the fee is a fair bit less with the balance being add ons

The media always inflate prices when reporting and often include things like add-ons in the full price quoted. I would imagine we wouldn't offer that straight up, but at the end of the day it isn't my money so if CW thinks he is worth that then fair enough.

McBurnie
Freeman
Valencia
Lenihan
Deano

Wouldn't be a bad window but feel that is one quality striker short

If the budget then stretched to a Maupay, I'd be well happy :cheers:

McBurnie would thrive here :banana:,not sure Freeman would move up here,he is a southern softy played all his career along the M4 corridor.

McBurnie
Freeman
Valencia
Lenihan
Deano

Wouldn't be a bad window but feel that is one quality striker short

If the budget then stretched to a Maupay, I'd be well happy :cheers:
I would prefer Robinson to Valencia but I agree we would need another striker.

bearing in mind flair and attacking players usually cost more I’d be gobsmacked if we got freeman for same price as Egan no slight on Egan just as I said above you tend to pay a premium for strikers

bearing in mind flair and attacking players usually cost more I’d be gobsmacked if we got freeman for same price as Egan no slight on Egan just as I said above you tend to pay a premium for strikers
think freemans slightly underpriced and mcburmie slightly overpriced but either or both would still be good additions to the squad but we would still need another striker in possibly robinson

If it takes 15 million for McBurnie we should bite the bullet, at his age he's a great investment. I do believe his game would be perfect for us, and his major weakness - lack of pace, would be masked by our style of play. I'd expect him to have a Hulse type impact.

Freeman is another I'd be keen to see signed. I can see his game being dynamic enough to make the step up.

think freemans slightly underpriced and mcburmie slightly overpriced but either or both would still be good additions to the squad but we would still need another striker in possibly robinson

I agree LF maybe slightly underpriced, but don't agree McB is slightly overpriced. I'd say he's a fair way over priced

£10m fee
£5m based on appearances and stopping up
That to me would be more realistic
Even offer Swansea a sell on clause ( when was the last time we did that the other way around? o_O )

I appreciate that there are other factors involved, not least of which being cost, but if we sign McBurnie then the next best player to add to our striker pool that is available is Che Adams. He's the only one we have been linked with who is capable of creating goals for himself and scoring from distance. Sharp and McBurnie score from inside the area and require good service to be effective, while McGoldrick is more of a false nine link man with occasional moments of genius (like at Hull). All of the other players (Robinson, Watkins, Maupay etc.) are the type who run in behind using pace. We can off course adapt, but Hogan didn't have that much success playing like that for us as we prefer a slower build up pace.

Even offer Swansea a sell on clause ( when was the last time we did that the other way around? o_O )

I expect that Brentford regret not asking for a sell on clause when we signed O'Connell.

I agree LF maybe slightly underpriced, but don't agree McB is slightly overpriced. I'd say he's a fair way over priced

£10m fee
£5m based on appearances and stopping up
That to me would be more realistic
i agree but think swansea might not take any less than 12mill for mcburnie so might be 3mill add on if we stay up or like you say he scores x amount of goals

Some journo on twitter said Freeman was happening in next 48hrs for 4m then tweeted that QPR wanted more than 6m (which is actually more believable) I told him he wants to mek his mind up or he could be accused of makin stuff up

Some journo on twitter said Freeman was happening in next 48hrs for 4m then tweeted that QPR wanted more than 6m (which is actually more believable) I told him he wants to mek his mind up or he could be accused of makin stuff up
its ok give em 4m up front and another 2m when we stay up ???