Lucas talks the talk....can he walk the walk? | Vital Football

Lucas talks the talk....can he walk the walk?

Spursex

Alert Team
Lucas ready for action
24 July 2018|Tottenham Hotspur

Lucas Moura says the players want to take a winning mentality into our 2018 tour of America.
We have three high-profile International Champions Cup (ICC) matches in San Diego, Los Angeles and Minneapolis.
We kick-off against last season’s Champions League semi-finalists AS Roma at San Diego’s SDCCU Stadium on Wednesday (KO 7.05pm local/3.05am Thursday UK) before La Liga champions Barcelona at the famous Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena, Los Angeles on Saturday (kick-off 8.05pm local/4.05am Sunday UK) and finally another Italian test against AC Milan at the US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, home of the most recent Super Bowl in January, on Tuesday 31 July (7.35pm local/1.35am Wednesday UK).
Lucas, who joined us from PSG in January, can’t wait to get started.

These games are a big test for us in pre-season.​

Lucas Moura
spursinusa-preseason-tour2018-la-training-july23-2.jpg

“Roma is a big game to start the tour,” he said. “I have Brazilian friends who have played at Roma. I also played against them (for PSG) last pre-season in America! It’s always tough against Italian teams.

“It’s always a pleasure to play against Barcelona. It’s a big team, big players and for me, it’s an important test.

“We have to try to keep the ball and when we lose it, we try to get it back quickly. That’s why we work hard on our intensity. It’s important because against a team like Barcelona, we cannot lose the ball. If we let their players play, it won’t be good for us.
“Milan are a great team, a famous team like Roma and this is another tough match.
“These games are a big test for us in pre-season but of course, it’s always good to win and we will work hard to win.

“It’s my first pre-season with the Club so I will give my best to show my talent and try to help the team win games. That’s my objective.”

I think he can...but we will never know unless he is given a run of starts.

I for one hope he does, we will need him.

He has everything to be one of the best attackers in the Prem, I have high expectations and beleive he will exceed them.

He's the kind of player that can get the crowd on its feet everytime he touches the ball. I'm so glad we signed him, and can't wait to see how he does.

I'm on the fence with Moura. My guess is if he starts the season well, he'll push on. If he doesn't, then he'll just be making up the numbers like last season and it will take injuries for him to prove what he can do.

I think the WC has given him every chance, he will surely get a run of games at the start of the season. I'm cautiously optimistic.

We know he and his wife had a hard time settling in London last year, and believe me if the wife isn't happy, the player suffers.

By all accounts she's in tune with London now and settled - I'm betting that will bring the best out of him.

Hopefully he can be our Sterling this year... We're not going to totally fix his end product but if we can play to his strengths we can still get a good return from him.

Most of his instagram is with his family or stuff about God. So can believe what you say Ex. Also he does everything in Brazilian where most of our players have a translation or do some content in English, so idk how connected he feels to England yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just watched the extended highlights. He looks good. Very lively and if that's his end product then I can live with that.

It seems with a lot of players who come to spurs & our way of playing, they need taught that they need to release the ball quickly to fit in.

Fully settled in to London life he is ready to play his part in the club’s push for silverware. Speaking to Skys Sports he admitted he had to try and adapt. He said:”The first six months was for the adaptation, to know the club and my team-mates and to adapt to a new championship,” the 25-year-old told Sky Sports News.

He added: I hope this season I will be 100 per cent ready to help the team.I feel comfortable now but I am a little bit reserved, a little bit shy, but all my team-mates are very nice and I am so happy, everyone helps me.It is a pleasure to be here and I am so proud.

You mean there's only one Lucas Moura?

Feel he deserves something a little more unique if he's going to keep bagging goals at this rate.

Really happy he's proving to be the player I thought he was and more. Always knew his pace would cause problems when he was fully fit but he's showing more composure so far than I realised he possessed and his pressing has been 2nd to none, not something he was known for pre Poch. And considering he's about 5 feet tall he's ridiculous in the air!

Poch has said it's been a challenge getting Lucas to this level. One thing I didn't know was that he was a winger for PSG. Poch has changed that to a more central position. That is a challenge.

Poch has said it's been a challenge getting Lucas to this level. One thing I didn't know was that he was a winger for PSG. Poch has changed that to a more central position. That is a challenge.

When did he say that and if MP had to work harder to get this out of Moura so naffing what? That's his job.