Lucas Joao | Vital Football

Lucas Joao

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
Going to need a thread isn't he.

SilentJourneyHome just posted this on BM:

"I realise this has been mentioned before but it seems we have made a formal enquiry about Lucas João and are preparing a bid for him.

Source - impeccable.

UTB"

Mind you, if a single word's been said about him on any other thread this one will probably get locked won't it....

Already posted on't the other pig thread(pigs eem to be up the creek) started by Gray Herby.I hope we get him,plenty of potential theer wi the right manager to bring it out of Joao.UTCB

Already posted on't the other pig thread(pigs eem to be up the creek) started by Gray Herby.I hope we get him,plenty of potential theer wi the right manager to bring it out of Joao.UTCB

We have the right manager to help this lad reach his full potential,do it Christopher

He is THE one I'd take off them chris could make him into the next Brian Deane

Almost

Don't see the Reach that others see

Playing against lge 1 opposition and hardly seen him

Bit player

If this is true then we must have exhausted our list of strikers who could take us to the next level. This guy has scored less Championship goals in the last three years than Clarke scored last year. He is tall and reasonably mobile (although not pacey in the same way as, say, Hogan or Wells) but that's about it.

If we are at the point of gambling that a young player could do better with us than they have previously shown then I don't know why we didn't just go in for someone like Adam Armstrong or Tom Bradshaw.

I really can't see pigs selling him to us but is he any more of a gamble than Gallagher he didn't pull any trees up last season. In fact if you compare them to Clarke last season perhaps that's why chris is having trouble improving us cos only vydra and Reid outscored him

If this is true then we must have exhausted our list of strikers who could take us to the next level. This guy has scored less Championship goals in the last three years than Clarke scored last year. He is tall and reasonably mobile (although not pacey in the same way as, say, Hogan or Wells) but that's about it.

If we are at the point of gambling that a young player could do better with us than they have previously shown then I don't know why we didn't just go in for someone like Adam Armstrong or Tom Bradshaw.
Armstrong signed for Blackburn before the deadline mi owd pal.How many goals did Bradshaw score last season? UTCB

I really can't see pigs selling him to us but is he any more of a gamble than Gallagher he didn't pull any trees up last season. In fact if you compare them to Clarke last season perhaps that's why chris is having trouble improving us cos only vydra and Reid outscored him

I agree that Gallagher would be a bit of a gamble as well, but he did score 12 goals in a poor Blackburn side a couple of years ago so he is capable of better than he showed last year. I am not convinced that Joao is. If he hadn't scored against us last season I doubt many people would be calling for us to sign him.

Armstrong signed for Blackburn before the deadline mi owd pal.How many goals did Bradshaw score last season? UTCB

I'm aware that Armstrong is now at Blackburn, but he was recently available for a price we could afford (both fee and wages) and we showed no interest at all. I think he would have been worth a gamble and would have added something different up front for us.

Bradshaw scored 12 last season I think. He's another player who could potentially improve in a better side than a relegated Barnsley.

One or two of us thought Joao had something about him way before he scored against us but I'll agree it would be a gamble but what striker isn't look at Rhodes for example who'd have thought he would flop so bad in their team. As for Bradshaw Barnsley are determined to hang onto him to try and bounce straight back and with their new investors have probably got more money than us so should be able to fend off any bids with ease

With regards to Bradshaw, I was talking about pre-transfer window. They won't let him leave on a loan-to-perm deal, because even if they were willing to sell they would be better off keeping him until January and then doing so. His value won't drop in the meantime. The only players we could sign now are ones whom the current club want to move on.