Lovell's gills in the play off's | Vital Football

Lovell's gills in the play off's

chris who

Vital Champions League
A lot of fans will tell you they want to judge a manager after ten games .Well it was Lovell's tenth league match against Bristol Rovers .
On current form we look like being safe from going down. But it should be noted that in those ten games Gills sit in fifth place
http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3
A staggering statistic given where the team were result wise before he took over .
Well done Steve and the lads long may it continue .

Chris, do you think we have any chance of doing a Scunthorpe like they did a season or two ago from bottom to play offs?

If the team can continue with current form we should get to around 61 points .I would take that all day long .

PhilK66 - 17/12/2017 14:13

Chris, do you think we have any chance of doing a Scunthorpe like they did a season or two ago from bottom to play offs?
Not with this side Scunthorpe had a team that were clearly better than they were achieving .Not sure that is the case with Gills in fact at the moment quite the reverse .

Those stats are all well and good but what management experience does he have in the football league?

lovell taken 16 points from a possible 30. Taylor and Pennock managed a combined 7 from a possible 36.
Long may it continue.

Steve recently said that anyone can beat anyone this season. A look at how tight most of league 1 is would bear that out. I thought Bury looked a good side and they are bottom. It has to be survival in this league as SLs main objective. Anything else for me is a bonus as I am enjoying going to watch the team again and there is even a bit of an atmosphere returning to Priestfield!