Lovell sounding confident about signings | Vital Football

Lovell sounding confident about signings

Reilly may make a lot of sense to sign early.Allowing him time to find accommodation before pre season .Here is hoping .Bury manager has said he only wants those who want to play for the shirt .Plus any other northern based target .
Clare on loan perhaps .Too much to ask maybe .

I was a bit concerned after seeing the headline from BBC Radio Kent that he felt we only needed 2-3 new signings. Especially after him/Scally saying strength in depth let us down.

I was a bit concerned after seeing the headline from BBC Radio Kent that he felt we only needed 2-3 new signings. Especially after him/Scally saying strength in depth let us down.
Limiting our signings and getting in quality as I have said in another thread makes a lot of sense .Signing real quality can only happen if you cut the numbers and use more of our young players when we need too .Giving them a fighting chance will see some making the grade .Oxford with Jack Payne looked a good side without him they were very different .Two good players can raise the quality of the side massively .

If Villa do get Clare it could even increase our chances of getting him .If they win this weekend I can't see him playing regularly in the Premier league next season .
On the subject of numbers of signings starting out with 2 or 3 before early July then looking at who steps up pre season before making any final moves could be a sensible position.

The problem for a long time been the midfield and it seems that SL is of that opinion. I think he is also including fast wide players in the midfield category.

Keeper, defence and attack just needs tweaking if the right players come along.

Main thing to me though is that he going to be bringing on our young strikers during the summer (List, Nash, Mbo).

Limiting our signings and getting in quality as I have said in another thread makes a lot of sense .Signing real quality can only happen if you cut the numbers and use more of our young players when we need too .Giving them a fighting chance will see some making the grade .Oxford with Jack Payne looked a good side without him they were very different .Two good players can raise the quality of the side massively .

Or in the case of Dack just one top quality player needed to transform a team!

To be fair Phil, Dack & Egan made the difference.

We need pace in midfield.
We need a midfielder whose instinct is to turn and attack, not look for the easy sideways or back pass.
Otzumer ticks that box.

Yes, I have mentioned his name before, as he doesn't want to stay at Walsall and his contract has run out, but others on here felt he would still be too costly for us. He is only 26 and comes from Greenwich.
I'd love it if SL managed to get him signed, as he is an exciting midfielder.

To be fair Phil, Dack & Egan made the difference.

We need pace in midfield.
We need a midfielder whose instinct is to turn and attack, not look for the easy sideways or back pass.
Otzumer ticks that box.
I've been saying all along that we need a few game changers, eg full back, midfield and striker/midfielder; players who will make a difference to what we already have, including some of the youngsters.

Yes, I have mentioned his name before, as he doesn't want to stay at Walsall and his contract has run out, but others on here felt he would still be too costly for us. He is only 26 and comes from Greenwich.
I'd love it if SL managed to get him signed, as he is an exciting midfielder.

Played with the wall while at Peterborough and is good friends with him, so there could be a chance if he decides to leave walsall we could potentially get him, would have to think that someone higher up would try and get him also considering that he will be a free agent.

Oztumer is one of those 'no chance' ones in my opinion. He wants to leave Walsall to play higher, if he wanted to play in League One next season he'd just stay with them.

He'll be picked up by someone in the Championship.

Oztumer is one of those 'no chance' ones in my opinion. He wants to leave Walsall to play higher, if he wanted to play in League One next season he'd just stay with them.

He'll be picked up by someone in the Championship.
Sadly you could be right Nick . However there has to be others with the same sort of ability that will be available to us within our budget if we keep the numbers down .