Love / Hate | Vital Football

Love / Hate

jocklatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
The title threads got nothing to do with the Irish Dramatic TV series about gang/ drug violence ( decent series btw)
What a difference a few days in football can do to us fickle fans, Love our performance one match & Hate our performance in the next match.
So I've gotta say I loved our performance against Bolton on Tuesday for the fight, steely determination & guts then Hated (maybe a bit strong a word) our performance against Fleetwood which was timid, lacklustre & flat but it just goes to show you never know what your gonna get from us from game to game. So I guess with 10 more games to go till the end of the season then I'm guessing we'll get some more Love/Hate displays.....hopefully more of the former rather than the latter.

The title threads got nothing to do with the Irish Dramatic TV series about gang/ drug violence ( decent series btw)
What a difference a few days in football can do to us fickle fans, Love our performance one match & Hate our performance in the next match.
So I've gotta say I loved our performance against Bolton on Tuesday for the fight, steely determination & guts then Hated (maybe a bit strong a word) our performance against Fleetwood which was timid, lacklustre & flat but it just goes to show you never know what your gonna get from us from game to game. So I guess with 10 more games to go till the end of the season then I'm guessing we'll get some more Love/Hate displays.....hopefully more of the former rather than the latter.
Has it finally clicked Jock that with only 10 games left to go (my, how this season has gone quick) that this season was indeed going to be a "marmite" season after all?

A team of players seeing out their contracts. Kids playing their first year of pro football & loanees who won't be here next season. Throw in a rookie manager. And the fact we almost lost the club yet again. Not forgetting that we started 8 points worse off than everyone else. I think we're doing alright given the circumstances.

Has it finally clicked Jock that with only 10 games left to go (my, how this season has gone quick) that this season was indeed going to be a "marmite" season after all?

A team of players seeing out their contracts. Kids playing their first year of pro football & loanees who won't be here next season. Throw in a rookie manager. And the fact we almost lost the club yet again. Not forgetting that we started 8 points worse off than everyone else. I think we're doing alright given the circumstances.
You're kidding yourself stop making bullshit excuses, we should be doing a lot better considering we have one of the best squads in the league whether they be loanees, kids, players seeing out contracts, or the minus 8.

I wouldn't say we have a rookie manager either the guy is just clueless, I don't think it will ever "click" with you!

You're kidding yourself stop making bullshit excuses, we should be doing a lot better considering we have one of the best squads in the league whether they be loanees, kids, players seeing out contracts, or the minus 8.

I wouldn't say we have a rookie manager either the guy is just clueless, I don't think it will ever "click" with you!
On the match thread Frankie, I listed the players who you (and others) have frequently labelled as shite (or similar) throughout the season.

As you're now saying that we have one of the best "squads" in the league, why not run through em all with individual assessments to back up the claim.

Should be interesting.

to me it shows that we have a good enough squad to complete in this league but we're missing on the pitch leadership and experience. We need leaders in defense, midfield, and attack. This will help us keep a grip on games. I'm sorry but Maloney making our leadership team of Lang, Hughes, and Magennis showed how limited he was and how this should have been spotted sooner.

This is the key for next season.

On the match thread Frankie, I listed the players who you (and others) have frequently labelled as shite (or similar) throughout the season.

As you're now saying that we have one of the best "squads" in the league, why not run through em all with individual assessments to back up the claim.

Should be interesting.
:shake:

Not sure if Frankie's doing a Shirley Bassey impression (I, I who have nothing), or if he fancies himself as Brave Sir Robin from MP & the HG ... he ran away too. :whist:

:shake:

Not sure if Frankie's doing a Shirley Bassey impression (I, I who have nothing), or if he fancies himself as Brave Sir Robin from MP & the HG ... he ran away too. :whist:

Nahhhh, he's far too busy whinging and moaning about the club & SM to answer your question about the squad....:rant:

That's it Frank. It's time you owned up. You're Evatt in disguise 🥸.

You don't think it will ever click with me? I think you're the one Sir who either needs to stop taking the deludamol, or speak to your GP about increasing the dosage.

I'm sorry but Maloney making our leadership team of Lang, Hughes, and Magennis showed how limited he was and how this should have been spotted sooner.

This is the key for next season.
I agree with that comment. Making Lang captain was a ludicrous decision. Magennis no better. Hughes too young. But then, wasn't Peter Atherton captain many moons ago??

We do lack leaders & I'm hoping this is addressed next season.

I agree with that comment. Making Lang captain was a ludicrous decision. Magennis no better. Hughes too young. But then, wasn't Peter Atherton captain many moons ago??

McClean was Maloneys first choice before he saw the light and fucked off to Wrexham.

That was a good shout by Maloney actually.

I agree we should've brought in one or two older players last summer who've been there and done it at this level. Even if they were in their 30's and on loan or 1 year deals as i think they'd have been probably more useful than the likes of Watts or Balagizi - who were no better than the other young players we had.

I thinking players along the lines of Tom Carroll who went to Exeter, Chris Martin who went to Bristol who were both struggling to find a club for most of the summer and signed 1 year deals probably on low wages. We almost certainly could've picked up those type of players if we weren't worried about their age.

I think after the Richardson era was so focused on signing experience without much focus on the future, we probably over corrected a bit too much on that this summer and need to find a happy medium.

Marlon Pack's contract is up at Portsmouth in the summer and he's 32. He's been good for them but if they decide after promotion not to offer a new contract I'd be straight in there for him. I think someone like him even though he's getting on a bit would be a useful pick up.

McClean was Maloneys first choice before he saw the light and fucked off to Wrexham.
I'm glad McClean didn't end up captain really, he was too hot headed and pre-occupied with his political beliefs/winding folk up to be a good example to the younger players.

Just to add that despite that and how much I disagree with his position on a lot of things he was a great servant to our club and one of the most passionate players we've had in recent times.

I'm glad McClean didn't end up captain really, he was too hot headed and pre-occupied with his political beliefs/winding folk up to be a good example to the younger players.

Just to add that despite that and how much I disagree with his position on a lot of things he was a great servant to our club and one of the most passionate players we've had in recent times.

Bollocks. He’d have been the leader we desperately needed.