Lots to be positive about today | Vital Football

Lots to be positive about today

runner_pie

Vital Reserves Team
We could have been 4-0 up before the 10 minute mark and the first half was a joy to watch at times. Noble and Burke really pulled the strings and Izale was a constant threat, while Sheehan slotted in like he had never been away.

The last 20-25 minutes were much harder to watch but the defence held firm and we are now building some very promising home form. Still room for improvement but things are starting to look up :tu:

The first half was quality, in the second we did what we had to. I'd rather focus on the clean sheet than the missed chances, if we can get solidity at the back we have the options going forward that the majority of teams in this league won't cope with. After a stuttering start, Moniz seems to be getting to grips with what's required in League 2. Hopefully that will show through on Tuesday at Dagenham.

First 30 minutes was sublime. We should have been out of sight by half time.

Aborah got caught out a couple of times in the second half, causing pressure, but I thought we were good value for the win. :beer:

Yes, an excellent first half performance and on another day could have been 3 or 4 up by half time and to be honest we never really looked like conceding either, let's hope that's the first clean sheet of many.

I thought that the defence looked really solid yesterday. The only time we came under any real pressure (if you could call it that) was when the midfield started dropping deeper and we didn't retain possession quite so well but we showed a will to win and a never say die attitude which was really pleasing.