Freeman - £4m
Mousset - £9m
Berge - even/loss
Ramsdale - even/profit
Burke (C.Robinson) - £5m
Lowe - £1.5m
Osborn - £2m

Total losses of about £50m.

Hard to guess when they'll leave but some of those figures might be optimistic because they could easily end up running their contracts down, and there's a decreasing market for these players with the Championship struggling more financially than it has for a long time.

This is fucking us now and will continue to for the next couple of years.

We obviously seem to be selling before we buy now and I can't argue with that at all. We have to minimise the mess we're in due to the heap of shite we bought.

So what are we saying?

McBurnie - £12m
Brewster - £15m
Freeman - £4m
Mousset - £9m
Berge - even/loss
Ramsdale - even/profit
Burke (C.Robinson) - £5m
Lowe - £1.5m
Osborn - £2m

Hard to guess when they'll leave but some of those figures might be optimistic because they could easily end up running their contracts down, and there's a decreasing market for these players with the Championship struggling more financially than it has for a long time.

We obviously seem to be selling before we buy now and I can't argue with that at all. We have to minimise the mess we're in due to the heap of shite we bought.
Think you're being optimistic with some of them.
We overpaid for most and they ALL underperformed, not a great combination for any prospective buyers.
eg Brewster - unless he hits the 20 mark this season he's a write off- and if he does we'd be keeping him so we'd better hope he does. Similar with Burke & McB.

Last year's record breaking horror show sits on all their shoulders like a shroud.

We overpaid at a time when fees for such players were inflated.

They underperformed.

We'll be selling at a time when fees for such players have plummeted.

That's if we don't just lose them for free.

Promising stuff.

They play for us
There value reduced from the second they'd signed

Even Ramsdale who has performed well can't attract a bid for much more than we paid for him

Mousset £9 million ?????
he'll be off on a free at the end of this season, and knowing United we'll pay him to leave in January having finally lost patience with him.

Burke £5 million ????
Ha ha ha ha

Somebody might take a chance on McBurnie for £5 million, but not Burke.

Still that is only a £15 million loss,

Maupay who we were after before McBurnie hasn't pulled many trees up either but the £20 million Brighton paid will still be improved on if they sell him.

It's just United, small profits on an occasional academy player is the best we can ever hope for.

Buying a player and selling them for bigger money just isn't possible, we never buy the right type of player.

Playing for raggy arsed rovers means you are worth less no matter how well you do

The numbers in the opening post are the amounts I'd guess we'll lose.

£9m loss on Mousset because that's what we paid and he's certainly leaving for free, probably to play somewhere in Turkey or the middle east.

So what are we saying?

McBurnie - £12m
Brewster - £15m
Freeman - £4m
Mousset - £9m
Berge - even/loss
Ramsdale - even/profit
Burke (C.Robinson) - £5m
Lowe - £1.5m
Osborn - £2m

We don't pay the fees in full and upfront. Many linked to which league we are in so now we are out of the Prem then the fees will reduce. Then there is the inflated figures always used by the media.

The numbers in the opening post are the amounts I'd guess we'll lose.

£9m loss on Mousset because that's what we paid and he's certainly leaving for free, probably to play somewhere in Turkey or the middle east.
Ah, thought you meant that's what we'd get!

We don't pay the fees in full and upofront. Many linked to whick league we are in so now we are out of the Prem then the fees will reduce. Then there is the inflated figures always used by the media.
The fees( for buying them initially) won't reduce, they're just a bigger burden, a bigger proportion of revenue with less income.

I can’t remember a time when The Blades have traded effectively as far as player business is concerned.
IF I owned The Blades it would be priority #1

I can’t remember a time when The Blades have traded effectively as far as player business is concerned.
IF I owned The Blades it would be priority #1
But all sales and buyes are a gamble. We could have wasted £27,500 on a young
forward called Currie

I think Brewster will come good but the rest i agree with. In particular McBurnie and Mousset. I just do not see them improving. Wilder was like Warnock when he had money he still went for left field or rough diamond signings. McBurnie is like bambie and Mousset is made of glass with a sicknote attitude.
Lowe and Osborn are the classic utility player bought on the cheap but never good enough to hold down a firm position.

Last edited:
But all sales and buyes are a gamble. We could have wasted £27,500 on a young
forward called Currie
Good bit of luck ........ a few other gems over the years but woeful really..... oh and when we sold TC just about paid off the electricity bill.

Good bit of luck ........ a few other gems over the years but woeful really..... oh and when we sold TC just about paid off the electricity bill.
A bit more than that, just like we did whne Brian left and Mick left and Salmons left etc etc. You never konw TT thin ks our new owner is made of the right stuff.

What happens if they score 50+ between and send us up champions we decide to upgrade !! Sell them to Sunderland for 60million combined simples !!!.....to much doom and gloom from you chronic !! UTB