Looking Ahead To The Massive Match. Spurs v Juventus | Page 3 | Vital Football

Looking Ahead To The Massive Match. Spurs v Juventus

Oh what the hell why not...every time I say we will win 4-0 or 5-0...if we can just finish we could. Either way we play well and dominate...just FINISH!!!!

5-0 Spurs! COYS!!!!

(I know this is a pipe dream, but hey I am nervous as hell for this match!!!)

**Plus I will be living through this forum as the match is going on, since I will be at work!!

freundorfoe - 6/3/2018 13:45

How many red cards has Lamela had in his career? I don't recall him getting one so a bit ridiculous to make the implications some of you are. Yes he has the odd rash challenge in him but acting like he's easily wound up and gets sent off all the time is largely in your imaginations. He's also a much better player than Rich says but 99% of us know that so barely worth addressing.

All that said I think I'd start Son. The bring him on after 60 mins argument doesn't quite work for me. There won't be any tired legs for him to run at if they've sat deep all game without any direct pace to contend with.

They're one of the best defensive and counter attacking sides in the world. I agree with Ex's fears, I'd rather we focused on being solid even if it means a less exciting game for us lot going to Wembley, but we still need Son, Kane, Eriksen and Dele on top form to try and take our chances when they come.

Bloody nervous for this one. Have been since the final whistle of the first leg.

I am a supporter of Lamela but his tackling still worries me.....whilst I have no idea how many red card he has had (if any), it doesn't stop the fact that he gives away free kicks with his enthusiastic tackles...
As for the game....I don't see how we cant be solid but still attack from the off, we have shown we can get at them, and that is what I would do........which is why I would start with Son

I do agree starting Son over Lamela is the way to go for this match...though what about Lucas?? Starting him could be the equivalent of Poch throwing a wrench into Juve's game plan.

Lucas could be the X-Factor in this...

total spurs - 6/3/2018 14:41

I am a supporter of Lamela but his tackling still worries me.....whilst I have no idea how many red card he has had (if any), it doesn't stop the fact that he gives away free kicks with his enthusiastic tackles...
As for the game....I don't see how we cant be solid but still attack from the off, we have shown we can get at them, and that is what I would do........which is why I would start with Son

The answer is zero, apparently. That notorious liability, Lamela, has never been sent off.

ahx00 - 6/3/2018 15:54

The answer is zero, apparently. That notorious liability, Lamela, has never been sent off.

Zero eh....there you go, though I guess (for me at least) whenever he gets a yellow, my heart is in my mouth each time he goes flying into a tackle! Equally, when I see him going sliding or rushing into a tackle near our area, I fear a free kick. But then again I do the same with Moose after he has given the ball away or had it taken off him....

Back to Lamela I rate him highly and love his enthusiasm.... as for the call for Lucas, absolutely agree he could be the guy to unlock their defence.....and him and Son running at their defence would be very interesting.
A few weeks ago I would have been saying Lucas for Dele....but he has got his game together recently.... ditto Son.
I am glad we have different options than we had pre Xmas.....long may that continue

I'm hoping Harry will be back to his sharpest for this game. He has looked a little out of sorts to me in the last couple of games or so, missing what should have been easy finishes (for him) and seems to have lost his shooting boots completely. Hopefully just a temporary lull because we cannot afford to waste any chances in this game and Son, Eriksen and Alli need to contribute as well given that Harry will be kicked to death at every opportunity.

ahx00 - 6/3/2018 15:54

His liability isn't Red cards - although believe me how he's not had one - even in his last start was a miracle - it's where he makes his clattering clumsy challenges that's my concern - and he's giving away plenty of free kicks in and around our box that he just shouldn't have done...

So they have fitness concerns over a few players. Higuain passed fit but how fit will he be. Manzuckic they say is out but could play. No cuadrado either.

They are there for the taking.

I hope we play with confidence and take it to them. We CANNOT fall behind like we did last time. They will lock us down and they can lock anyone down.

We get an early goal, they will have to open up then, and that will be advantage us. They score first and force us to go all out...advantage them.

Bernardeschi out is great, that guy can be scary.

Mandzukic out is probably better for Sanchez.

Their best chance is to score first and early. If they've watched any of our games this season, they'd see that we give up stupid early goals alot. I expect we'll see some fury at the go which will be dangerous. Their front 3 could be:

Dybala...............Costa
.............Higuain..........

Whatever their longer term plan, I expect the first 20min to be nutz.

If we expect that, and decide to try and absorb it, that may be suicidal. However, we played pretty strong on the counter ourselves against Real. Our pressing in the early stage will be critical, and if we can win it back high up the pitch we will have the advantage.

Son has earned this start on merit, and if they go with a back 3, he could be in for a few.

_________Hugo__________
Tripp_Snchz_Vert_Davies
______Dier__Moose_____
_____Eriksen__Dele_____
_______Kane___Son_____

[Vorm, Lamela, Rose, Lucas, Victor, Llorente, Sissoko]

Spurs 1 Juve 0 [3-2agg]
(Son)

COYS!

Son is a defensive liability, he never tracks back and leaves his full back exposed. Juventus will probably start strong seeing as they pretty much have to win, and we can't afford to go a goal or two down.

Lamela should get the nod for this one, bring Son on when we have the game under control.

Taricco the yid - 7/3/2018 13:30

This match is already won imo. They can't stop kane.

Already looking forward to the next round.

Phew! That's bold!! But God I hope you're right.

:14:

They have Diego Costa, Pjanic and Dyabla behind Huguain. We have Eriksen, Dele and Lamela/Son behind Kane. We know that our 4 will put in the biggest shift possible and cover every blade of grass. I'm just wondering whether their 4 superstars will do the same?