Loic Remy - Deal Resurrected? | Page 11 | Vital Football

Loic Remy - Deal Resurrected?

Mcnamee67 - 14/1/2013 21:05
The only player I can remember turning us down and going to a club for less money was Modric when he went to the 'Spuds'
You could add Enrique to that if you consider tat he accepted £10k per week less than the NUFC offer to go to Liverpool.

Rest of the team must be pissed off, not getting players for the sake of wages.
Cant blame Remy for not coming,players are not bothered who they play for these days,its all about bottom line on pay slip.

This has been all a game. We move on, nee skin off my nose and all that.

Remy turned QPR down last week. Wouldn't even meet them said Harry.

All a ploy to get them to make a big wage offer as it's well known they have rich owners who are desperate. Our lowish offer gets accepted and this panics QPR into offering Remy the wages that his agent says he can get.

money wins the day.

On that wage Ba would maybe even stayed...maybe...so what point is it giving it to a less attractive player then anyway.

Boomboomcheiktheroom - 14/1/2013 20:53

I don't blame the club for not upping the wages offered first time round, where's the limit? Good luck to him at QPR.

good luck to him ?? feck off, hope he has a muamba style chest grabber in his first game for them, sorry but its how I feel..

this is gonna be the problem though for the rest of this window, we need a prolific striker tto score the goals to keep us up,..prolific strikers do not come on the cheap, we wlll end up with some average joe to hopefully do enough to scrape us thru in 17th place

Picture this: You're a player moving to France and have Marseille and Nancy after you, Marseille offer you £30,000, Nancy offer you £60,000. Where would you go?

Rexn - 13/1/2013 22:27

Toon_NoMatterWot - 13/1/2013 11:12

An £8.2 million bid is rumoured to have been accepted. (10 million Euro's)

I also saw his injury record this morning and he's hardly been missing.
People are crowing about Remy who has played in 19 (maybe 20) games this season. His record seems very similar to Shola's. He has had 4 starts and scored 3 goals this season.

As everyone knows I like Shola. The 2 of them off the bench should see us prosper.
Looks like the Mackem slayer will be needed after all.

BrassyNUFC - 14/1/2013 21:16

Boomboomcheiktheroom - 14/1/2013 20:53

I don't blame the club for not upping the wages offered first time round, where's the limit? Good luck to him at QPR.

good luck to him ?? feck off, hope he has a muamba style chest grabber in his first game for them, sorry but its how I feel..

this is gonna be the problem though for the rest of this window, we need a prolific striker tto score the goals to keep us up,..prolific strikers do not come on the cheap, we wlll end up with some average joe to hopefully do enough to scrape us thru in 17th place

I'm holding nee grudges against Remy, he isn't our player.

We seem more interested in the club finances than staying up on here.......we are in the shit and this transfer window seems to be following the usual bullshit pattern.........tick tock

Fuck it we dodged a bullet, get that Danny Graham and Charlie Austin in plus a couple of defenders and see how things pan out, love to see Queer Park Rangers go down now tho

Xisco was a proven La Liga goalscorer but he couldnt kick his fuckin slippers off, I would rather give a geordie a go

Bearing in mind all the fall out on here, Twitter, Facebook and probably on the streets of Tyneside.

Wouldn't it would be massively ironic if he actually signed in the morning?

Rza - 14/1/2013 20:39

Spot on chief, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay someone their true value. Ashley is too stubborn, the fucking miserable fat ****. People are wondering why our players want to leave

So you think Remy should be paid 50% more than the best players at the club?

Platinii - 14/1/2013 21:57

Rza - 14/1/2013 20:39

Spot on chief, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay someone their true value. Ashley is too stubborn, the fucking miserable fat ****. People are wondering why our players want to leave

So you think Remy should be paid 50% more than the best players at the club?

A good point.

Not only would he be the highest earner but every other purple would want a renegotiated contract.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 14/1/2013 21:50

Bearing in mind all the fall out on here, Twitter, Facebook and probably on the streets of Tyneside.

Wouldn't it would be massively ironic if he actually signed in the morning?

It would be massively ironic TNMW. While i'm bloody annoyed that it's even in doubt, looking at it as objectively as i can, there's been nothing official to say that he's decided on QPR. We know they've had a bid accepted and made him a big offer, but that's all that's been confirmed.

Chief_Brody - 14/1/2013 21:22

We seem more interested in the club finances than staying up on here.......we are in the shit and this transfer window seems to be following the usual bullshit pattern.........tick tock

Unless I've missed something, managing the club's finances are pretty integral to any sort of success.

You don't give someone like him £90k a week just because QPR are throwing money at the problem. QPR are bottom because of the piss poor organisation and structure and because they've given contracts that are WAY over the odds for the talent. And has that worked for them?

If you'd like to go back to the wage packets gifted to the underachievers of the last relegation team, then go for it.

If Remy wants to go to the bottom club purely because they'll pay him shit loads of money, then let him. He's answered the main question for me, by doing so. Motivated by money and not the desire to play football. As a footballing decision it's a no brainer. As a 'how many Bentley's can I buy?' decision, then it is also a no brainer.

I can understand if we are close to a very good deal and the fat man won't pay the extra half million transfer fee, then yeah, he needs to maybe take more of a hit and go for it, but wages are a different thing. when someone comes in demanding wages which will blow our structure away, and is basically Billy Big Bollocks, then that has a massive impact on the whole club. You go straight back into that spiral of forever paying more, and that includes new deals for those already at the club.

What's Ben Arfa going to think? What about Tiote? And Cabaye? Maybe Cisse will want to renegotiate. It creates disharmony and that's the main reason why QPR are bottom. Their team is mainly gutless because it's been filled with players on huge wages.

Good luck if you want to go back to that, but very greedy footballer's kind of stick in my craw, especially considering the amount of people being laid off these days. If they can't survive on 40, 50 or £60k a week, then fuck them.

Another point in all this is that we supposedly got £5 million for Demba Ba.

We supposedly offered £8.2 million for Remy. A difference of £3.2 million.

This equates to around £60k a week. Even taking into account of tax and any other costs, just say for arguments sake that it's £50 k a week. that's just EXTRA to what Ba was supposedly getting in wages off us as Remy's wages would have balanced his out.

That extra 50 grand a week we were gonna splash out could have been used partly to renegotiate Ba's contract. Even offering him the 80 grand he's on at Chelsea would have been cheaper.

We could have obliged and been in the pocket to the tune of 500k - £1 million.