Loan Watch | Page 42 | Vital Football

Loan Watch

Falkirk have nine players on the bench, wow. Kendall not even on the bench for Dagenham, what do we do when he returns?
In Scotland Regulation G16: up to 20 may be named on the 'list of players'. 5 subs can be used similarly to the EFL, not withstanding the concussion situation. Absolutely crazy!
Meanwhile at a similar footballing level the Nat League can only have 5 on the bench (but millions in the FA Cup)

Last edited:
On Kendall, as he is under 24, we will get a fee for him this summer as long as we offer him a deal equivalent to or better than he is getting now.

On Kendall, as he is under 24, we will get a fee for him this summer as long as we offer him a deal equivalent to or better than he is getting now.
It would be very, very minimal, our development of him has been outsourced to the clubs he's gone on loan to.

Billy Brooks has signed for Lincoln Utd. Is he still on our books so a loan or has he moved on?
To answer my own question, LincSport report he’s signed permanently for Lincoln U.
I seem to remember he made one appearance in the 1st team when he was one of our youngest (or is he the youngest? Where’s my history book?)

To answer my own question, LincSport report he’s signed permanently for Lincoln U.
I seem to remember he made one appearance in the 1st team when he was one of our youngest (or is he the youngest? Where’s my history book?)
According to Wikipedia Brooks' only City appearance came as a sub against Manchester United U21s in August 2021. He would have been 17 years and 6 months then.

It may be that he's the youngest player to appear in the EFL Trophy (others will know for sure) but several 16-year-olds have appeared for City in the past.

From the little I saw of him, he looked a classy player. Quite small iirc, but skilful. I'll be interested to see where his career goes.

According to Wikipedia Brooks' only City appearance came as a sub against Manchester United U21s in August 2021. He would have been 17 years and 6 months then.

It may be that he's the youngest player to appear in the EFL Trophy (others will know for sure) but several 16-year-olds have appeared for City in the past.
Had it in my head he was younger but that’s memory for you .
Seems he’s been out with a long term injury.