Loan Watch | Page 15 | Vital Football

Loan Watch

I wonder if the cash injection by Walsall with Drogs affected this decision.
Either way it's been yet again a successful loan for two promising youngsters and it will be interesting to see whether they stay around the 1st team now or get another loan.

I wonder if the cash injection by Walsall with Drogs affected this decision.
Either way it's been yet again a successful loan for two promising youngsters and it will be interesting to see whether they stay around the 1st team now or get another loan.

I can't see how an investment would have meant they sent back their top scorer and current League Of Ireland player of the month.

Would definitely have been us recalling to avoid him not being able to play in England until Jan.

Correct decision. Let them both have four months in and around our first team, then they can always go out on loan in January if MK and JG feel they are not making proper progress.

I'd much rather have Draper cominmg off our bench late in games than some loanee who is not ours, especially now Freddie has shown he can score goals, albeit at a lower level.

Correct decision. Let them both have four months in and around our first team, then they can always go out on loan in January if MK and JG feel they are not making proper progress.

I'd much rather have Draper cominmg off our bench late in games than some loanee who is not ours, especially now Freddie has shown he can score goals, albeit at a lower level.
I think your right mike and they have brought them back, Benn included, to have a look at them, assess where they are now as opposed to when they sent them out and make decisions from there as to whether they will be part of the squad or that they may go out on loan again later.

I've watched all of Drapers and Ahui's games in Ireland and I think that they have both come on in the time they have been there but my honest opinion is that if it were me I would of brought Draper back to see how far he has actually progressed because although it took him a little while to settle once he settled in and started to get on the score sheet you could actually see confidence that, that gave him. He is much better on the ball now and holds it up well and likes to swivel off defenders that get too tight to him plus he also has an aerial presence and competes well in the air.

I think Ahui would of benefitted from staying at Drogs for the whole season.

Different positions and different players but I think that Draper is slightly ahead of him in terms of development and football maturity.

Ahui has had a couple of little knocks for which he has missed games which upsets your continuity of performance. He has shown good play but has also had some not so good games although on the whole I think this loan has done him the world of good.

Probably needs to beef up a bit and be a bit stronger but is a decent footballer but I think he will go back out again on loan in January possibly to the National League.

Overall a really positive experience for all of them and hopefully they will all come back and use this experience to kick on and give the management something to think about.

Bad news for Drogs though and they will really miss Drapers goals and presence upfront and could face a really tough second half of the season.

Agree with you on hat Clanford. Draper definitely has come on the most out of the two, and deserves a chance to be a first team squad regular, even if only on the bench.

Ahui I felt pre-Sorensen could be our next first team right back, but Sorensen's emergence in that position took that away a little, and Ahui might have benefited, as you say, from staying with the Drogs.

Having said that, he can always go out on loan in January if need be. It will be an interesting battle which of Benn or Ahui ends up as Sorensen's back up at RB - assuming TJ is now considered only as a CB.

Overall, it been another excellent loan spell for both the Drogs and for us. I hope Walsall don't get the benefit in future years instead of us following the impending new Drogs ownership.

The two can now have a full pre-season, assessment in friendlies. Minutes in the two cups. And even subs for the first few leagues games if they are close enough (I personally doubt it). if they don’t make that progress the club would still have until the end of the window to sort out a loan at national league level/league 2 - which is how loi was placed on here by posters watching the games. That would continue their progression.

I see the Drogs play Friday night, 30th June.

Draper will be suspended even if he was eligible, but it will be interesting to see if Ahui is allowed to play as his final game.

I would suggest the National League is the right destination for Ahui and Draper for this season; it has to be the right club, though. I wonder what contacts we have?

I see the Drogs play Friday night, 30th June.

Draper will be suspended even if he was eligible, but it will be interesting to see if Ahui is allowed to play as his final game.

Yeah and it's a very important game mike, away to Cork who are currently second bottom, the playoff position, and if they get beat Cork will go above them but they may not fall into that second bottom position because Sligo, who are third bottom, have a tough home game against Bohemians.

I'm hoping that Ahui plays but Draper is going to be a big loss for them and they somehow have to find a way to replace his goals.

Freddie potentially behind Kendall, Duffy & maybe Makama, but being match fit, he has a chance to shine in pre-season I guess. Still see at least a couple of these four being loaned out at the end of August.

I think Freddy is probably ahead of Kendall now to be honest

I think Kendall is behind Kendall now !!

I really do hope he can get back on track after that terrible loan spell at Sutton.

Really not sure if Kennedy rates him at all. Spose we'll find out in the coming weeks and months.

Cork 0 v Drogs 0 HT

Ahui plays his last game tonight for Drogs in an important game at the wrong end of the table.

He hasn't been too involved so far but what he has had to do he has done ok.

Not had that many opportunities to get forward down that right hand side but has stood firm in his defensive duties and hasn't made any unforced errors.

Draper has left a bit of a big hole centrally upfront but Drogs have played a really high press first half and have looked the most likely out of the two sides to break the deadlock.

Should be an interesting second half.