Lloris; 'It's all about finishing in the Top4' ... | Vital Football

Lloris; 'It's all about finishing in the Top4' ...

Spursex

Alert Team
Lloris says Spurs are ‘ready to fight’ without Harry Kane

Hugo Lloris says Tottenham are “ready to fight” in all four competitions, even if injury fears over Harry Kane are confirmed and Spurs are deprived of their talisman for upward of four weeks.

Kane had to be helped off the pitch after injuring his ankle in the closing stages of Spurs’ 1-0 defeat to Manchester United at Wembley.

Moussa Sissoko was also withdrawn with a groin strain just before half-time, while Son Heung-min departs to join the South Korean squad for the Asia Cup, leaving Mauricio Pochettino’s side heavily depleted of key players at a crucial stage of the season.

However, Lloris stressed after the game that Spurs could overcome their injury woes and push forward on all four fronts, regardless of whether Kane is sidelined for a lengthy period.

“We all know the importance of Harry in our team but it’s not all about him,” Lloris said. “Football is about the team. I think every player is ready to help the team and in football, in a season, you have ups and downs and you need to adapt to that.

“We will have to see about ‘H’, but I think everyone is ready and the most important thing is the mind and to be ready to fight."

“Obviously, you have important players but the main thing is the collective and that is the only way to get trophies. It’s not about one or two players but, as you know and as we've said, we all know the importance of them.”

Lloris did however acknowledge that other members of the squad, which has already had to endure a defensive injury crisis earlier in the season, has to stand up in the absence of key names to continue their progress, ahead of a visit to Craven Cottage to face Fulham next weekend and the Carabao Cup return leg against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

“We will see how we cope, every season is different, and every player is different. We will see how we deal with it. The most important thing is to prepare for the game as good as we can and try to find freshness and the right energy in the players.

“Obviously you have important players, but the main thing is the collective and that is the only way to get trophies. It’s not about one or two players but we all know the importance of Harry.

“We are still involved in all competitions, the main thing is to finish in the top-four. We said this from the beginning and we don’t change our mind.”

Top 4 is all but confirmed.

Agree it was the target before the season started but targets change throughout the season and 3 weeks ago we had half a shot at the title, now top 4 just seems a bit meh

I'm now wondering whether Poch's next tactical move is to go back to 3 at the back and wing-backs. We have Davies and Trips struggling so putting Vertonghen on the left of 3 with Rose wide seems attractive. On the other side it could one of Aurier or KWP and we know Trips played well for England in that setup. Then you make your choice with either Sanchez in the middle with Toby right OR Foyth playing more with the full-back on the right and Toby anchoring.

That makes dealing with the loss of Kane, Son etc easier to deal with especially if you make Llorente the focal point of the attack and get the wing-backs pushing in. That still leaves guys like Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Lamela, Moura freedom to play passing football through the middle and hurt the opposition.

Play Aurier as centre forward.He scored twice in his last outing !You may well laugh but desperate times call for deperate measures.Lol.

If Man Utd or Arsenal gain 8 points on us between now and May then Poch aint that magic after all.

It maybe nothing to do with Magic; just one or two more injuries and we'd be over-reliant on kids or round pegs in square holes - a little while ago it would have been unthinkable to believe that ManC could lose three games...

A short bad run, can change everything.

Top 4 is all but confirmed.

Agree it was the target before the season started but targets change throughout the season and 3 weeks ago we had half a shot at the title, now top 4 just seems a bit meh

Holy crap with us....no way...I won't feel good until it is mathmatically assured!!!

True but if someone like Ex can predict this would happen (injuries) then I'm sure people at Spurs should have :eek!::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure they did know it was a possibility, but you can't sign players just in case of injuries. What on earth do you do with them all when they're all fit??

Sorry mate, he’s not.

This squad was apparently unable to be improved upon.

It’s should therefore be top 4 with ease

Fully fit, it would be. The injury track record just proves the depth of the squad. Thinking back to the start of the season we might have had high hopes for Gazza, KWP, Foyth, Skipp etc but wouldn't have expected them to be so active. Then there's Sissoko, Llorente, Aurier, Moura, Lamela. A bunch of pre-season cynics about that lot.

We all know that the pre-transfer window comments about not being able to find better than what we had was weak from the club, but surely most have to admit that our squad is pretty good. It's Poch's 5th season and they are all comfortable with the system and there's quite a few players at the same level who can be interchanged easy.

Other top 6 clubs would have not coped as well with an injury crisis like ours this season. It would just be nice to see Poch with all his available options available in the second half of the season.

Fully fit, it would be. The injury track record just proves the depth of the squad. Thinking back to the start of the season we might have had high hopes for Gazza, KWP, Foyth, Skipp etc but wouldn't have expected them to be so active. Then there's Sissoko, Llorente, Aurier, Moura, Lamela. A bunch of pre-season cynics about that lot.

We all know that the pre-transfer window comments about not being able to find better than what we had was weak from the club, but surely most have to admit that our squad is pretty good. It's Poch's 5th season and they are all comfortable with the system and there's quite a few players at the same level who can be interchanged easy.

Other top 6 clubs would have not coped as well with an injury crisis like ours this season. It would just be nice to see Poch with all his available options available in the second half of the season.

The statement of the recruitment team was made knowing about the injury record of Lamela/Wanyama/Dembele and at a push Toby/Rose

Plus on a back of a WC in which we had players going in deep (ooooo eeeer misses)

I’m not having injuries as an excuse when it was obvious to most ?‍♂️

Top 4 with ease?! Considering where we've come from, mediocrity, we shouldn't be that arrogant!

Where we’ve come from? Do you mean the first club to do the double and English club to win a European trophy?

I'm sure they did know it was a possibility, but you can't sign players just in case of injuries. What on earth do you do with them all when they're all fit??

City had De Bruyne, Mahrez and Aguero on the bench last night, I'm sure their fans and manager are quite happy with the squad.

Injuries will always happen, especially with how Poch works the players, I don't think we've had a season under him where we've gone a season without getting a lot of injuries. I think Kane has been out injured for over a month in every season as well.