LiverpoolTMFailed - a thread of their own | Page 10 | Vital Football

LiverpoolTMFailed - a thread of their own

Van Dick only gets an extra 1-game ban. Shame.

He shouldn’t be alone in having this sort of sanction applied. The officials will get nowhere imposing discipline and reducing dissent if they continue to consistently allow players to get away with abusive language directed at them. You don’t need to have comprehensive lip reading skills to recognise what they say regularly to the referee or assistants when decisions don’t go their way. They have mics, they have the evidence. Issue yellow cards. When a few teams are reduced to 8 players and get whacked 9-0 for a couple of games ……then the message will get through.

You do not see this abuse tolerated in rugby.

He shouldn’t be alone in having this sort of sanction applied. The officials will get nowhere imposing discipline and reducing dissent if they continue to consistently allow players to get away with abusive language directed at them. You don’t need to have comprehensive lip reading skills to recognise what they say regularly to the referee or assistants when decisions don’t go their way. They have mics, they have the evidence. Issue yellow cards. When a few teams are reduced to 8 players and get whacked 9-0 for a couple of games ……then the message will get through.

You do not see this abuse tolerated in rugby.
I don't think this was severe enough, make an example and a statement, we see it time and again and players should know that they are not going to change their minds, but if VAR is involved just wait on the touch line and await the result.

it should have been 3 game ban added

I don't think this was severe enough, make an example and a statement, we see it time and again and players should know that they are not going to change their minds, but if VAR is involved just wait on the touch line and await the result.

it should have been 3 game ban added
I wouldn’t disagree.

It will regularly be seen throughout the coming weeks during the RWC that decisions go against sides and there is NONE of the sort of abuse offered to officials that we witness week in and week out in football. The authorities have the tools - they just need to grow a pair and apply them. I do not buy the argument that ‘football is a more passionate game’ or ‘players are just venting their frustration’. BS. They need to grow up and show some respect - & the officials need to earn it by being consistent in punishing foul and abusive language.

I wouldn’t disagree.

It will regularly be seen throughout the coming weeks during the RWC that decisions go against sides and there is NONE of the sort of abuse offered to officials that we witness week in and week out in football. The authorities have the tools - they just need to grow a pair and apply them. I do not buy the argument that ‘football is a more passionate game’ or ‘players are just venting their frustration’. BS. They need to grow up and show some respect - & the officials need to earn it by being consistent in punishing foul and abusive language.

I think they should just follow the Rugby Union ref yesterday in the England Match, yes the Captain of the Argentina side did question the decision and it was explained to him and that was that, all decisions were accepted and the game moves on.

I think a sin bin for 10 mins for dissention would not go amiss

"We will not Curtis back now for three games. On top of that Diogo Jota got two yellow cards for not touching a player once. That is unprecedented as well, I would say."

"
"In this game there was another situation where Curtis Jones got a red card and I stick to the opinion that it is not a red card.

"The ref got called to the screen and saw for the first three seconds a frozen picture. I would give immediately a red card for that picture.

"Then he sees the replay in slow motion and I would have given a red card for the slow motion, but in real time it is not a red card.

"You appeal it then the FA panel tells you 'no, it is not a clear and obvious mistake' and I think it is.

"The ref's first decision was yellow. The clear and obvious mistake is showing a frozen picture and a replay in slow motion."

In this final word salad he both says he thinks it would be a bad idea to have replays and then says it's the right thing to do -

"The argument against that probably will be that if you open that gate then everybody will ask for it. I think the situation is that unprecedented that it didn't happen before. Something like that, as far as I can remember, never happened that's why I think a replay would be the right thing.

"If it would happen again then I think the replay would be the right thing to do, or the ref has the opportunity to bring both coaches together and say 'sorry we made a mistake but we can sort it, let Liverpool score a goal and we start from there'."
I give up.

Seriously, would anyone be surprised if he were to come out and say….”Well it’s not fair. The right thing to do is to replay the game. In fact keep replaying the game until we win. That’s the only way to be fair”

May be an image of 1 person, playing tennis and text that says Scouser (noun) One who complains endlessly about footballing injustices whilst feigning amnesia about the times when it worked out pretty well for them. (see also: LiVARpool) an example of Scouser