little v large or... who's marking the big men? | Vital Football

little v large or... who's marking the big men?

nlondonimp

Vital Champions League
height defending long throws, corners and free kicks
wycombe:
brown 188 [keeper]
fb jacobson 180
cb stewart 183 [if he plays] [or they may use jombati 183, or the inexperienced muller 193]
cb el abd 178??
fb harriman 168??
akinfenwa 180
hayes 183
tyson 183

cowley pays particular attention to set pieces, we have loads of examples of good free kicks and corners…
rhead 193
raggett 196
waterfall 188?
bostwick 193?
green 183?
palmer 196?

what odds of a goal from a set piece i wonder…

*the figures [cm] are taken from a couple of sources, could be out by a bit, but the general advantage is there to see.

Even for those of us old enough to still be dealing in old money, that is quite a differential. You can bet your bottom dollar Lincoln will have identified that and will seek to exploit it.

Well last season what I saw of him on TV I thought he was fast enough to cause our defence problems if we happen to shut off in certain areas in the box.
But hopefully we will be aware of how they will play at shut him out of the game. 2=1 to City

I remember hearing Akinfenwa on Talksport a couple of years ago. Sunday morning prog' ran a feature called "Are you nicer than Linvoy Primus". He had just come out of church.
During the conversation, they discovered how much he could bench press. I forget the exact value (400Kg+), but it was equivalent to a fully grown sea-lion! He is a strong boy!