List ! | Page 6 | Vital Football

List !

Simply speaking Evans will get rid of the original group one by one.

Apart from Fuller who he has clearly taken a shine to, Ehmer who he made Captain, Byrne who is keeping out his summer signings and Hanlan who some have called to be dropped in favour of Mandron.

If he was leaving out or selling our player of the year or proven talents then I’d agree with you. But for years we’ve been weak and non-competitive and a key reason for that is the players we had. Evans has identified who is worth keeping and who isn’t. If we had, say, Pulis as manager, I doubt he’d have disagreed much with Evans’ choices.

Does anyone else think this ought to be made into a Ken Russell rock opera film with Roger Daltrey playing the popular, fleet-footed hero?

Just needs a snappy title but I'm buggered if I can think of one.

Mcvicar , he was good on his toes.
Not sure about Ken Russell though ?

Simply speaking Evans will get rid of the original group one by one.
The old squad wasn't great - but is the Evans squad better ?
League 1 players can show flashes of inspiration ... and then frustratingly, show why they remain League 1..

Evans is showing all the hallmarks of an autocratic boss.
Is he a "bully" who puts loyalty before ability ?
Does he lack lack confidence to train existing players?

His idea of "motivation" seems to be constant micro-management .... in a hostile, visibly petulant manner - often throwing up his arms dismissively.
Surely criticism should be behind close doors ?

Martin Allen was "loud" - but mostly far less critical, much more encouraging.

Sorry to see List squeezed out by Evans; but think this move will do him a lot of good. Hope he has a good Lge 1/2 career
Looks like Hanlan the next to be demoralised by bad management and let go (after Garmston tomorrow?)

Sorry to see List squeezed out by Evans; but think this move will do him a lot of good. Hope he has a good Lge 1/2 career
Looks like Hanlan the next to be demoralised by bad management and let go (after Garmston tomorrow?)
It's not being demoralised that would block anyone's career.
If it's a striker , it would be a lack of ability to score enough from chances.

What?

Listy was played in all games and we actually SOLD him (which I find amazing and quite welcome).

And both he and Evans have been very complimentary in the “departure interviews”.

And how is Hanlon being squeezed out? Again he’s played all games. There are a lot more fans calling for him to actually score and moaning about him not being up to it. If we do get another striker in today you’d think it will be Hanlon that drops out, but he’s not been forced out by any means. If he’d scored a few he’d be 1st picked.

I'm puzzled as to why List seemed to be played out of position so much. Under SL, he was often played in a sort of nondescript striker's role and, coincidentally, it was pretty much the same under SE - top of the diamond or something. Playing out wide he was more effective but when he did he rarely got the service he needed. Against Blackpool, he had two threatening runs - one each down the right and left wing. Talking of 'left' he left defenders for dead on both occasions but only two occasions was not enough to make him effective. I hope he gets a better deal at Stevenage...........