Lionesses at the world cup | Vital Football

Lionesses at the world cup

Rasenimp

Vital Football Legend
Got out of jail a bit today - tough match, dumb red card. Still in it to win it though!

Strange tournament too with some of the big guns going out early.

The Daly and Kelly penalties were brilliant 🎯

They made that really hard work and I hope Lauren James learns from that well deserved red card

Yeah, incredibly dumb red card. Very reminiscent of Beckham as they suggested on the TV coverage.

Just frustrated I guess but with VAR, never going to get away with that and was so pointless.

Fair play to the Nigerians, they can count themselves a bit unlucky not to have got through.

Yep, I'd be fuming after that if I was a Nigeria fan! So unlucky not to score in normal time, they were all over England. Pretty enjoyable match at least. And what a rocket of a penalty to win it! Kelly nearly put the net into the crowd with that one.

And yeah, a daft rush of blood to really hamper James' tournament. I really hope she learns from it, but hard to control in the moment. Didn't make us look good though. At least comforting the Nigeria keeper at the end was a nice gesture.

A great performance today. I really enjoyed it. They are so much better at what they do than the male team.

I was in and out of the match today (pesky work meetings) but enjoyed what I saw, even if I did miss all the goals initially. Looking forward to watching the final now - I know the Lionesses can do it!