#LincolnNonLeagueHorrorStories | Vital Football

#LincolnNonLeagueHorrorStories

Going to Barnet on the opening day and seeing us lose four - two, followed up by a nil three at Weymouth a few days later; sitting at my mates open jawed thinking holy crap where is this going to end. Should have known The Murph was planning to time the title run to absolute perfection.

Mine is probably a strange one but I was chatting to my lad as we left MK on Saturday telling him of my trip to see Lincoln play and lose at an already relegated Telford virtually 4 years ago to the day and saying how unbelievable it was where we are now to where we were that day. I remember leaving Telford that day after a insipid performance lacking in anything and thinking we were only going further down the football pyramid.
Amazing how things can turn around

One that sticks out to me is the fa trophy game against North Ferriby. I don't think it was even that late in the competition, but we were doing pretty poorly in the league (as usual) and this seemed like a chance to get a cup run going. I wasn't the only who thought this either. It was a pretty decent crowd for a cup game (over 2000), but we were all squashed in the Co op lower. Though North feriby were bank rolled at the time and doing well in the league, I thought we would do well. How wrong I was. We were battered and lost 4 0.

4-0 defeat at Chester in January 2015. Todd Jordan and Alan Power sent off. 3-0 down after 23 minutes. Moyses 20 second interview after the match did not help lift the mood...

4-0 defeat at Chester in January 2015. Todd Jordan and Alan Power sent off. 3-0 down after 23 minutes. Moyses 20 second interview after the match did not help lift the mood...
Agreed. Looking back Power’s sending off was funny. He but a few decent tackles in over a short period of time so got some real vocal backing - a player who seemed to care that night - it went to his head though and he totally wiped someone out over the far side. Down to 9 and the last match I’ve left early

One that sticks out to me is the fa trophy game against North Ferriby. I don't think it was even that late in the competition, but we were doing pretty poorly in the league (as usual) and this seemed like a chance to get a cup run going. I wasn't the only who thought this either. It was a pretty decent crowd for a cup game (over 2000), but we were all squashed in the Co op lower. Though North feriby were bank rolled at the time and doing well in the league, I thought we would do well. How wrong I was. We were battered and lost 4 0.
This game - absolute shocker.

Agreed. Looking back Power’s sending off was funny. He but a few decent tackles in over a short period of time so got some real vocal backing - a player who seemed to care that night - it went to his head though and he totally wiped someone out over the far side. Down to 9 and the last match I’ve left early
Must admit I was close to leaving. Walk of shame back to the car listening to a couple of Chester fans saying how poor Lincoln were. Agree on Power, the only one on the night to show any fight.

Playing South Liverpool in the 1987/88 season, we even took a replay to beat them unbelievable!.

Now that really was a dump! Please note the natural ventilation in the stand roof. I seem to remember opposite there was just the framework of a stand all rusting away but nothing else.

For those younger ones this is not the ground abandoned this is what it was like when we played there!!!

1554884691145.png

Nov 2015, Whitehawk away was one of the lowest points for me. I had never heard of them before then, had to look them up to see who they were, where they came from, which league they played in etc....... but they still knocked us out of the FA cup.

Just hanging onto National league status at the time was considered a success. I must admit I couldn't see a way back for the club from there. I thought we were history

40 months later ............. unbelievable!! :wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey:

Remember that one ,thought we could have a good go at getting to Wembley in that trophy ,surely another one of our lowest points in the clubs history