Lincoln v Mansfield MOTD 1980 | Vital Football

Lincoln v Mansfield MOTD 1980

I remember it well. I was so excited we were going to be on and couldn't believe it when I blinked and missed it, so to speak. The Millwall game which was a year or two later got a much better deal with good highlights, analysis and interviews.

Perhaps the Mansfield game was just pants :grinning:

Yes, remember that - and the commentary. 'Big David Carr', well he was nearly six foot.

And Tony Cunningham getting his leg pulled by supporters in games afterwards about being magnetic.

Was we on the box against Bristol Rovers sometime later with Glen Cockerel scoring in a 1-0 win, or is it just me imagining it.

I remember it well. I was so excited we were going to be on and couldn't believe it when I blinked and missed it, so to speak. The Millwall game which was a year or two later got a much better deal with good highlights, analysis and interviews.

Perhaps the Mansfield game was just pants :grinning:

Yes I remember seeing it too and being so thrilled my Lincoln were on tv !

The Bristol Rovers and Millwall games are both on YouTube.
Sure I read somewhere that the club weren't happy with the bbc over the fact the highlights were so short.

Fantastic footage from both clips....brings back a lot of very good memories. Good to hear Tony Gubba and John Helm too. Two of my favourite commentators.

Both him Cockerill had fantastic top flight careers.
Most of Murphy's team from that era were damn good players, Felgate, Carr, Neale, Steve Thompson, Peake, Turner, Cockerill, Shipley, Hobson, Cunningham, Bell, Fashanu, Harford, Naylor, Strodder, so many good players.

Don't mention David Beavon!