Lincoln It Is! | Vital Football

Lincoln It Is!

Lincoln chalk and cheese between the 2 halves and could have won easily if they put away their chances second half. Which team will turn up against us? Pleased Embleton can play

Interesting stat from the sly coverage - the number of Lincoln second half goals.

I'd rather Lincoln than Sunderland.
Thought we touched lucky both games v the Mackems and that first 70mins away at Lincoln we put them right to the sword.

I was surprised how clueless Sunderland were in the second half. Apart from McGeady they have no creativity and resort to bulldozing big strikers in the box. I bet the Sunderland forums are a good read.
I also think the crowd support in our match last night has been the best of all the playoffs

Last edited:
The thing is the web footed things that dwell in the fens are as wriggly as eels. When they are flapping they need to be dispatched. Chances must be taken. I am glad we are not playing v the Mackems of the first half who carried a real threat. Now to explore how to watch the Mighty Win.

The thing is the web footed things that dwell in the fens are as wriggly as eels. When they are flapping they need to be dispatched. Chances must be taken. I am glad we are not playing v the Mackems of the first half who carried a real threat. Now to explore how to watch the Mighty Win.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:True, they're very slippery indeed.

we left the fens behind at around 13.30 yesterday didnt pass Lincoln turn until 16.00

Sunderland blew it, It will be a hard final and Lincoln will be full of confidence after their second half display.Our defence must be rock solid including Maxwell and our strikers playing like their life depends on them getting more goals than Lincoln no switching off at half time or sleeping at the start....Come on Blackpool take your destiny it awaits you in the Championship.

Kick off is at 12am Queensland time here in Australia. No matter, we're retired now!
COYP

Oh, and btw....any of you good fellows that get to go to Wembley, could you please let Appleton know how we feel about him? Thanks.

Last edited:
Another thing to note is that our last meeting with The Imps ended up as a 2-2 draw in which we threw away a comfortable 2-0 lead thanks to poor defending....

Their commentators said we were the best team they had seen this season.
Another poor ref that day - clear pen denied in injury time. We battered them for 70 mins.

To be fair, I think we got knackered that game. Had a keeper and four defenders on the bench, whereas they were able to freshen it up. Had we scored a third that would have killed it, mind.

Two ways to look at it isn't there: they're either a bogey team for us this season or we're due to beat them.