Lincoln City must do better utilising unique off field opportunity opinion | Vital Football

Lincoln City must do better utilising unique off field opportunity opinion

I think computers would be able to structure better sentences than this one,

"It is difficult to really judge Weston too much at this stage, as even though the fact he seriously struggled for minutes at a low level last term may well say something, not being licensed with a chance to prove his worth means it could be harsh to write him off too."

It seems like a Primary School project to me - 'Who can write an article as if they were a 1970's Sports Writer with a 10 minute deadline, having just come back from a four hour 'working' liquid lunch.

Just read Joe Chatz biog and it all fell into place,

"I ... have an irrational obsession with Millwall FC. "

That said, in his defence, there may be a reasonable point behind the article. We don't have Ryan Reynolds, but could we use our link to Landon Donavon better? If his profile in the US is as high as suggested, do we appear on his Twitter Feed? Could he do some 'educational training sessions' with the Lincoln players to put up on Facebook? Could Lincoln players recreate iconic goals scored by Landon for the USA.

I don't know if he would be willing, but there is an argument that we could make more of some of our off-field assets.

An illogical article at best. To begin with, he seems to have missed the fact that it is very hard for clubs like Lincoln to sign overseas players because of the FA's rules. And I thought the arrival of Pablo and his group was a sign that the American connection is working?

An illogical article at best. To begin with, he seems to have missed the fact that it is very hard for clubs like Lincoln to sign overseas players because of the FA's rules. And I thought the arrival of Pablo and his group was a sign that the American connection is working?
Was just about to say similar about signing overseas players.

That said, in his defence, there may be a reasonable point behind the article. We don't have Ryan Reynolds, but could we use our link to Landon Donavon better? If his profile in the US is as high as suggested, do we appear on his Twitter Feed? Could he do some 'educational training sessions' with the Lincoln players to put up on Facebook? Could Lincoln players recreate iconic goals scored by Landon for the USA.

I don't know if he would be willing, but there is an argument that we could make more of some of our off-field assets.
I can't imagine what a ready made L1 20 goal a season striker would cost to bring over from the US but I suspect it's a lot more than we can afford. Just another article from someone who simply has no concept of how much we are punching above our weight at the moment. An ignorant article full of misconceptions, wrong assumptions and a complete lack of understanding of our position in this league. A waste of the internet.

Just read the article. Is the author American? My immediate thoughts are the author appears not to understand English football and many of its rules and restrictions for smaller clubs. I can understand what he is getting at, but life just ain’t that simple in the English game. Was also not impressed with the photograph of an empty stadium (taken during the Covid years 🤔) as we play to virtually full attendances since crowds were allowed back.

Maybe we should sell our soul to Netflix?

Given Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool and is known worldwide, I doubt Netflix will come calling any time soon.

Unless however we are all unaware that Harvey Jabara is about to be unveiled as the new Spiderman...

Just read the article. Is the author American? My immediate thoughts are the author appears not to understand English football and many of its rules and restrictions for smaller clubs. I can understand what he is getting at, but life just ain’t that simple in the English game. Was also not impressed with the photograph of an empty stadium (taken during the Covid years 🤔) as we play to virtually full attendances since crowds were allowed back.
I thought the same with the photo used! Either a youth team game or a COVID season game with nobody present isn't very representative. Reminded me of the non-league years....shudder.