Lincoln City Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Lincoln City Match Thread

An emotional visit to Bloomers today as my late brother Chris Holdcroft was one of the 70+ Seasiders remembered at kick off.

Not the greatest game but did enough to continue the good home record.

Drab first half and we scored against the run of play as Lincoln had the better of the first 25 mins.

Thereafter we didn’t really look like conceding but needed a second to put the game to bed. Took until stoppage time before CJ got a somewhat fortunate ricochet off the keeper into an empty net.

Second half was better. Casey deservedly MOM and Dale & Morgan also had good games. Pity Dembele didn’t finish when through but he oozes class when on the ball.

Less pissing about at the back today and we do look better when on the front foot.

So a good start to 2024 and if Rhodes stays we may just have a chance of sneaking a play off spot.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the transfer window.

2 cup games next and a chance to play some fringe players and give others the chance to recover from injury.

The officials again were shite! First half every Lincoln attack bar one was offside. The lino couldn't be arsed lifting his arm. 🤷 Every foul nowadays gets a yellow card.

Casey also hit the bar, could easily have been on a hatrick before half time. I'm guessing Critchley will drop him for the next then not in the squad the game after. Definitely look better without Norburn. There was a lot of back-slapping and great fanfare when we signed him. Perhaps he's still never got into his best form, I don't know? The thing for me is his disruptive presence rather than his performances.

I couldn't see from where I was what had happened with Connolley, thought he may have smashed himself in the face with his knee? Mrs L said he had a bad nose bleed and they couldn't get it to stop bleeding and he wasn't happy to be brought off.

Another of my friends died this week, Stephen Forster, aka Toad, he travelled to lots of games with me in the 80s, he lived with my brother in Nottingham too. A few weeks prior another friend passed away, Chris Beckett, I travelled to work with him for years, a funny bloke, a lifelong fan. So bloody sad. At least he got his name on the screen today.

That screen is something we don't want go see our names on for a good while yet.
Condolences Karl.
Absolutely

I didn’t expect to see so many names remembered and it is a great gesture by the club to have a memorial once a year. Does put things into perspective.

To all those who we have lost, RIP and we will always remember how they enjoyed following Blackpool

Still, more points for me on Guess The Score AND a Time of First Goal too.....

The Antipodeans are a coming....
Check again sir Bob!

If Husband hadn't spent so much time bending the refs ear before Dembele took the free kick it would have been scored on 28 mins!

Still, more points for me on Guess The Score AND a Time of First Goal too.....

The Antipodeans are a coming....
Bob--BBC Sport and ESPN give the TOFG as 29mins. The TOFG is taken from Blackpool Twitter and it's going to make a Twatter of us all as it did me 2 weeks ago. For next season serious consideration should be made to change the rule and TOFG should come from BBC Sport or ESPN, not incorrect times as constantly given out by Blackpool Twitter. :censor: Dave, I suggest we have a vote on this for next seasons Guess the Score.

Last edited:
From the official match report taken directly off the BBC Football website:

"Casey headed Blackpool in front after 28 minutes following Karamoko Dembele whipped in a free-kick"

"Casey headed Blackpool in front AFTER 28 minutes following Karamoko Dembele whipped in a free-kick"
Bob, Please look at BBC Sport scores and fixtures then click on scorers. It is 29 mins. When a player scores as showing on the time clock at 28 mins and 20 seconds that is in the 29th minute of play. You have been double twatted mate. I knows the feeling. :grinning:

Last edited:
Bob, Please look at BBC Sport scores and fixtures then click on scorers. It is 29 mins. When a player scores as showing on the time clock at 28 mins and 20 seconds that is in the 29th minute of play. You have been double twatted mate. I knows the feeling. :grinning:
But, but, but.....the lines I copied and pasted were FROM the official BBC Football report.

"Casey headed Blackpool in front after 28 minutes following Karamoko Dembele whipped in a free-kick"
Get someone who can read to help you understand the rules .....lmao.