Lincoln CEO charged by FA | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lincoln CEO charged by FA

Definitely the wrong thing to do. There are official channels he can go through to protest about a ref performance on behalf of the club.

Refs are a clique. It will do us no good with other refs once they hear about the incident. They expect it from players and sometimes managers and coaches. But not from a CEO.

We should wait until Liam has had chance to respond, what context any words, if any, were said, and hear both sides of the story. He is the best CEO doing a very difficult job, for a good number of years. We dont know if he did anything wrong, dont assume ! He may have been provoked by the Ref which would not be a surprise but it remains to be seen what Liam has to say. Back him all the way ! UTI.

We should wait until Liam has had chance to respond, what context any words, if any, were said, and hear both sides of the story. He is the best CEO doing a very difficult job, for a good number of years. We dont know if he did anything wrong, dont assume ! He may have been provoked by the Ref which would not be a surprise but it remains to be seen what Liam has to say. Back him all the way ! UTI.
There’s virtually zero chance of what actually happened coming out. He’s been charged therefore he’s been deemed as having done something wrong. Whilst many will be supportive of our usually immaculately behaved CEO, something has been said. I’d be amazed if we heard anything but an apology from Liam. He and the club are smart cookies and will wish to draw a line under things ASAP. Provoked by the ref or not is no excuse, we moan that players back chat. The bloody CEO should be nowhere near those situations. This is not the time for a right to reply, more take it on the chin, wind your neck in and lessons learned. That said, the devil in me would still love to know what wound him up, and as Merthyr said about fallibility in the best of us. Liam undoubtedly represents the best in us but if he’s due a bollocking, he’s probably already had it

If anyone's going to open a book I'll have a fiver on it centered somewhere around the Erhahon sending off and a few expletives were dispatched in the refs direction at the end of the game which he chose to report.

Maybe a 100 lines, I must not swear at referees, a slap on the wrists, bit of a fine and that's about all there is to see here.

There’s virtually zero chance of what actually happened coming out. He’s been charged therefore he’s been deemed as having done something wrong. Whilst many will be supportive of our usually immaculately behaved CEO, something has been said. I’d be amazed if we heard anything but an apology from Liam. He and the club are smart cookies and will wish to draw a line under things ASAP. Provoked by the ref or not is no excuse, we moan that players back chat. The bloody CEO should be nowhere near those situations. This is not the time for a right to reply, more take it on the chin, wind your neck in and lessons learned. That said, the devil in me would still love to know what wound him up, and as Merthyr said about fallibility in the best of us. Liam undoubtedly represents the best in us but if he’s due a bollocking, he’s probably already had it
If this alleged incident took place in the mayhem of the tunnel area post game the chances of what was supposed to have been said not emerging are less than nil . Wait with interest and no doubt the Club will back Liam all the way.
UTI.

Agree with all of this. Liam will know better than most of us that regardless of what else comes out too many people only look at headlines and that's already out there.

If anyone's going to open a book I'll have a fiver on it centered somewhere around the Erhahon sending off and a few expletives were dispatched in the refs direction at the end of the game which he chose to report.

Maybe a 100 lines, I must not swear at referees, a slap on the wrists, bit of a fine and that's about all there is to see here.
The penalty decision was worse than the sending off.

Liam channelling his inner Steve Evans, best to apologise and move on. Not our finest hour regardless of what actually happened, I'd prefer it if the club wasn't involved in headlines like this. BBC reporting ref was approached in the tunnel after the game so, I suspect, a case of the red mist coming over Liam...