Lincoln CEO charged by FA | Vital Football

Lincoln CEO charged by FA

Completely understand that referees should be respected. Without them, there is no game.

But it’s always annoyed me that managers/owners/board members only ever say something about poor refereeing standards when they’re on the receiving end of a loss.

I truly believe that if you want to raise those standards, then you have to call out officials even when you win the game.

So, Liam speaking up is something I can comfortably get behind.

We obviously don’t know what Liam said, but that referee was a clown, especially in the second half.

After a 5-0 win, it would’ve been easy to ignore just how woeful the referee was. I support the fact Liam has had a go even though we’ve won the game.

You have to call it for what it is, regardless of if you’ve won, drawn or lost.

Completely understand that referees should be respected. Without them, there is no game.

But it’s always annoyed me that managers/owners/board members only ever say something about poor refereeing standards when they’re on the receiving end of a loss.

I truly believe that if you want to raise those standards, then you have to call out officials even when you win the game.

So, Liam speaking up is something I can comfortably get behind.

We obviously don’t know what Liam said, but that referee was a clown, especially in the second half.

After a 5-0 win, it would’ve been easy to ignore just how woeful the referee was. I support the fact Liam has had a go even though we’ve won the game.

You have to call it for what it is, regardless of if you’ve won, drawn or lost.
Threatening and abusing a referee is not calling out an official. I find that behaviour unacceptable if correct.

Threatening and abusing a referee is not calling out an official. I find that behaviour unacceptable if correct.

But we do live in a world where Liam could’ve said something like, “that penalty decision was fucking awful” and it’d be deemed “threatening and improper” if the referee is a bit feeble.

Perhaps it was something a bit more cutting, but we’ll never know.

Point being, the threshold for “threatening and improper language” is very, very low.

Heads shouldn’t roll just yet.

Last edited:
I think the statement of that charge has too many 'and/or' in it to know precisely what is supposed to have happened.

It could be read that he did nothing more than use improper language to the referee (this is not meant to diminish that).

My point is that any criticism should wait until we know exactly what is supposed to have happened to result in this charge.

Im not sure why the CEO needs to be anywhere near the Ref at full time.
"after" full time, not "at".

Could have been any time up until the ref left the Stadium. I highly doubt Liam was down there waiting for him at FT at the changing rooms (fist pumps come first).

Given how the second half went, I can't imagine it would have taken too much for the ref to flex his muscles further in a further show of power.

"after" full time, not "at".

Could have been any time up until the ref left the Stadium. I highly doubt Liam was down there waiting for him at FT at the changing rooms (fist pumps come first).

Given how the second half went, I can't imagine it would have taken too much for the ref to flex his muscles further in a further show of power.

Ok, if we’re getting into semantics, there is no need for the CEO to be anywhere near the referee after full time. I’m sure we’d be equally full of sympathy if it was Evans and his boss at Stevenage.

Anyway, it’s all speculation at this stage. Liam does a fantastic job and this doesnt detract from that.

Had to laugh, first comment was from an Oxford fan demanding a points deduction which a) was no doubt tongue in cheek and b) shows we have the full attention of our rivals :grinning:

I actually like the idea of unleashing Liam. He takes one for the team with no danger of Skoobs getting a touch line ban. Brilliant, small percentages and all that.

Ok, if we’re getting into semantics, there is no need for the CEO to be anywhere near the referee after full time. I’m sure we’d be equally full of sympathy if it was Evans and his boss at Stevenage.

Anyway, it’s all speculation at this stage. Liam does a fantastic job and this doesnt detract from that.
One would be for the 50th time and one would be first offence. I’ll leave it to others to decide which is which!

Not great, and hard to rationalise after such an emphatic victory. Always thought Liam was very mild mannered for a Donny supporter; looks like he really has changed teams.

Anyway, we all have our breaking points and a humble apology and a promise not to do it again should go a long way to sorting things out. Of course the devil will be in the detail.

Fake news?

Last edited:
Had to laugh, first comment was from an Oxford fan demanding a points deduction which a) was no doubt tongue in cheek and b) shows we have the full attention of our rivals :grinning:

I actually like the idea of unleashing Liam. He takes one for the team with no danger of Skoobs getting a touch line ban. Brilliant, small percentages and all that.
oxford fans should be more concerned about their ongoing points deductions, having chosen to employ Buckingham.

luckily for liam there is a huge backlog in the criminal justice system, and as prisons are overcrowded to breaking point, he will most likely be out on bail for the playoff push.

A lot of the bookings nowadays are caused by inept refereeing . If they were more up to standard the bookings would be down. Then no need for officialdom off the field to get involved. By the way the ref on Saturday was below standard but your not allowed to tell him.