Like A Shark | Page 2 | Vital Football

Like A Shark

There has to be patience. Look at Kane, we almost off loaded him . I think it was Sherwood who dug his heels in.

David Gold has basically dismissed finding players from their academy. Saying that PL players need to be bought not grown.

Winks is an obvious exception having coming straight through without a loan. Perhaps an indication of how good he is.

Nick Real Deal - 29/6/2017 10:08

There has to be patience. Look at Kane, we almost off loaded him . I think it was Sherwood who dug his heels in.

David Gold has basically dismissed finding players from their academy. Saying that PL players need to be bought not grown.

Winks is an obvious exception having coming straight through without a loan. Perhaps an indication of how good he is.

80 is right..

The academy is about producing kids who can have a decent professional career, kids which in turn as part of the business of football allow a club to reinvest in their mining operations to find those occasional special nuggets that can make it at the highest level in football....

Those who look at it simplistically, only expose their own lack of understanding or knowledge - common sense can fill alot of the gaps, but maybe that's too much to ask of some.

In academy terms, currently, we're over-achieving - whether that's a long term trend that can be maintained or continue to improve is a multi-million pound question ..

There is two ways to look at this. Success financially as an academy or success for the individual going through it.

Either way it's important. The player may only reach lower tier football but that for me is success . He may go into coaching later on or other football related profession.

The academy also has a community and youth role by encouraging kids from the area to aspire to become players.

I don't see it one dimensionally.

Nick Real Deal - 29/6/2017 17:10

There is two ways to look at this. Success financially as an academy or success for the individual going through it.

Either way it's important. The player may only reach lower tier football but that for me is success . He may go into coaching later on or other football related profession.

The academy also has a community and youth role by encouraging kids from the area to aspire to become players.

I don't see it one dimensionally.

Those are ancillary benefits of a well run academy. Without the profitability from player development all those other things don't happen simply because there isn't any money to pay for them.

I do a lot of work with getting youth who can't afford sports into programs. The usual ratio without outside funding is one scholarship for every 10 paying players.

Spursex - 29/6/2017 10:27

Bald Archie - 27/6/2017 16:46

Real Deal - 24/6/2017 16:34

If EX was an ice cream he would lick himself to death. ;-)

Lol. That is a fact, and a very nice re-use of Sherwoods remark :)

10Hoddle - 26/6/2017 22:53

Archie, that's why I devote very little of my time to this forum these days.

You made some very good points, and like blood in the water, the shark of Spursex pounces with his condescending remarks. For someone who often waves his resume around and shouts of his own success, he is horribly tactless.

We're all meant to be friends on here with a common goal and interest. But too many see it as a platform to beat their own chest.

pull yourself into line Spursex and treat people as equals. :13:

Totally agree Hoddle.

He has this unappealing trait of thinking his posts / discussions are on a super-cerebal level, and that not being part of his favoured little clique who discuss things in his way, marks a poster down as an unthinking moron.

I don't blame you for not posting much as a result. He took a break for a while, and the forums were quite nice.

No, I have the trait of pointing out that FACTS matter, making up your own 'facts' is just another uneducated opinions are like arseholes, every arsehole has one. Your negativity, you inability to grasp even the most basic of understanding makes you out for what you are.

Implying that an opinion you disagree with is uneducated is hugely condescending, and it is simply rude to take that implication further by linking the holder of such an opinion to being an arsehole.

In a previous post in this thread you said that I am 'never accurate' in my analysis, now you say that I make up facts. Why don't you ut up links proving that I make up facts.

Wouldn't you be happier finding a place where only fact is allowed to be analysed and where discussion of opinion is outlawed?

Bald Archie - 29/6/2017 22:21

Spursex - 29/6/2017 10:27

Bald Archie - 27/6/2017 16:46

Real Deal - 24/6/2017 16:34

If EX was an ice cream he would lick himself to death. ;-)

Lol. That is a fact, and a very nice re-use of Sherwoods remark :)

10Hoddle - 26/6/2017 22:53

Archie, that's why I devote very little of my time to this forum these days.

You made some very good points, and like blood in the water, the shark of Spursex pounces with his condescending remarks. For someone who often waves his resume around and shouts of his own success, he is horribly tactless.

We're all meant to be friends on here with a common goal and interest. But too many see it as a platform to beat their own chest.

pull yourself into line Spursex and treat people as equals. :13:

Totally agree Hoddle.

He has this unappealing trait of thinking his posts / discussions are on a super-cerebal level, and that not being part of his favoured little clique who discuss things in his way, marks a poster down as an unthinking moron.

I don't blame you for not posting much as a result. He took a break for a while, and the forums were quite nice.

No, I have the trait of pointing out that FACTS matter, making up your own 'facts' is just another uneducated opinions are like arseholes, every arsehole has one. Your negativity, you inability to grasp even the most basic of understanding makes you out for what you are.

Implying that an opinion you disagree with is uneducated is hugely condescending, and it is simply rude to take that implication further by linking the holder of such an opinion to being an arsehole.

In a previous post in this thread you said that I am 'never accurate' in my analysis, now you say that I make up facts. Why don't you ut up links proving that I make up facts.

Wouldn't you be happier finding a place where only fact is allowed to be analysed and where discussion of opinion is outlawed?

I'd be happier where negative opinions that have no basis in reality were recognised as such and the poster took the chance to educate themselves first instead of continuously posting a streaming of highly inaccurate, ill-informed posts for which he revels in - and has done no matter how many times I and others have tried to show you the why you continue you to be so wrong and so purposely negative.

Bald Archie - 30/6/2017 20:45

No links to my posts to prove your comments then?

I guess we all have negatives about our club. It can out of frustration come across as disrespectful .

I have not hidden my frustrations with Walker and Hugo. Our lack of silverware is probably down to the constraints financially. I don't like Levy. His wooden and emotionless manner and perceived over stubborn negotiating methods irritate me.

There I've come clean. This is my perception and opinion as I see it.

Nick Real Deal - 30/6/2017 20:59

Bald Archie - 30/6/2017 20:45

No links to my posts to prove your comments then?

I guess we all have negatives about our club. It can out of frustration come across as disrespectful .

I have not hidden my frustrations with Walker and Hugo. Our lack of silverware is probably down to the constraints financially. I don't like Levy. His wooden and emotionless manner and perceived over stubborn negotiating methods irritate me.

There I've come clean. This is my perception and opinion as I see it.
:35:

I have just back from a long day at the office....can we all please have a group hug then crack open a few light ales?

Well said Baldy, Nick Real Deal and stupops.

No egos, just good honest expressions of opinion without the condescending attitude.

You should try it Spursex. From the outside looking in, it's definitely an area you require development. It would, in turn, make this forum far more harmonious.

:7: