Lica's 18k per week salary holding up transfer | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lica's 18k per week salary holding up transfer

Who on earth negotiated that contract? Absolute madness. how many minutes did he play for us again?

Havent Estoril got any decent players we can swap Lica with?

I mean they finished 10th in the League so one or two players should be good enough for a championship side. and if they pay them peanuts (as it seems) then perhaps get them on a good wage.

toms - 6/6/2017 12:21

Who on earth negotiated that contract? Absolute madness. how many minutes did he play for us again?

Courtesy of our brand new website

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/lica/

factchecker - 6/6/2017 11:47

MarvinsPA - 6/6/2017 11:36

Because the OP stated we would have to pay up the final year of his contract, not just part of it.

That has to be a misunderstanding of the original report. He's not going to be earning his Forest wages + his Estoril wages.

or perhaps he really is that shit and it's the only way to lose him.
total disgrace on all concerned

Estoril has a fantastic golf course and is a lovely part of the world to live, he should think about going there on reduced wages. Perhaps he will if he is shown round the place.

the other side of that of course is that when a player from these places visits England its a "OMFG look at the prices of shit here, i need to be a millionaire to have the similar lifestyle" :14:

Cant think of a single place in the UK that comes even close to Estoril in terms of a place to live. Lisbon a fantastic city is 10 minutes away by train one way and the coastal resort of Cascaise is 10 minutes away in the other direction.

jbacsta - 6/6/2017 16:37

And our Islamic friends don't seem to want to blow it up yet as well.

Interesting observation. Why is it that countries with a wide cultural mix and long colonial history such as France and U.K. have this trouble, and the Iberian peninsula doesn't with their historic association with Moors don't?

Absolutely staggered when I read this.

To be honest, I'm half way to saying that this was the worst decision of the Fawaz era.

Where the fook did they get the idea to sign this guy? Dodgy agent and DVD to Fawaz I assume?

18k? For what? One start? Why on earth did anyone imagine he would be worth that?

What were they thinking?

Pope John XXIII - 6/6/2017 18:18

To be honest, I'm half way to saying that this was the worst decision of the Fawaz era.

Where the fook did they get the idea to sign this guy? Dodgy agent and DVD to Fawaz I assume?

18k? For what? One start? Why on earth did anyone imagine he would be worth that?

What were they thinking?

Bad, but done worse

Think of the Algerians both on £30k a week plus fees. The Kuwaiti keeper. Kelvin wilson on £30k on top of a fee to Celtic.

Widdow - 6/6/2017 18:34

Pope John XXIII - 6/6/2017 18:18

What were they thinking?

Bad, but done worse

Think of the Algerians both on £30k a week plus fees. The Kuwaiti keeper. Kelvin wilson on £30k on top of a fee to Celtic.

They were all ambitious signings of good players who had a prospect of working out. I don't see why Abdoun is any more or a risk than someone like Elmohamady was- just that one worked and one didnt. There was no reason to think Wilson wouldn't be a step up from what we had.

Who the fook was Lica and why on Earth would anyone want to pay him 18k?

I would have liked to have seen him given a run of games personally, most people seem to think he's shit having seen the odd ten minute spells.

The whole exercise will probably end up costing us £1-1.5m compare that to say the £6m Jack Hobbs will end up costing and when you bear in mind how good he was on loan and the fact he has managed about as many performances in the 3 years since we signed him as he did when he was on loan shows how a perfectly good player who we we all delighted to see sign turns into an absolute sows ear of a signing.