Liam Scully | Vital Football

Liam Scully

Lincoln City CEO, Liam Scully, has been fined £2,000 and given a one-match ground ban by the FA. The punishment follows an incident in the tunnel at Sincil Bank after the Imps' 5-0 win over Bristol Rovers. Liam Scully admitted that his language and/or behaviour towards a match official was improper, but he denied that it was threatening. An Independent Regulatory Commission imposed the sanctions following a hearing. The punishment means Liam Scully will not be at today's game at Sincil Bank.

No biggy, but a tad harsh.
Even serial offender Evans gets to be in the ground. He's just been handed a two match extended ban for failing to comply with a previous ban. So three matches in the stands starting today. They only fined him £1250 though.
What does he have to do to get excluded from a ground altogether? Maybe he really has got 'contacts'!

I’ve heard of some ways to get a day off but Liam has really gone to the extreme here.

Surely Clive would have just given him a match day off if he asked him nicely.

No biggy, but a tad harsh.
Even serial offender Evans gets to be in the ground. He's just been handed a two match extended ban for failing to comply with a previous ban. So three matches in the stands starting today. They only fined him £1250 though.
What does he have to do to get excluded from a ground altogether? Maybe he really has got 'contacts'!
Plus, Evans is a serial offender. First offence for Scully. Seems a little harsh.

I do get the impression he has taken one for the coaching team here, who probably wanted to comment on the crap display from about 60 minutes onwards.

I do get the impression he has taken one for the coaching team here, who probably wanted to comment on the crap display from about 60 minutes onwards.
Whinging to the ref in the tunnel is, as we know, a stone cold certain way to get a decision overturned on appeal, always been known to work in favour of the club as opposed to the officials whether it's the manager or the CEO..

Whinging to the ref in the tunnel is, as we know, a stone cold certain way to get a decision overturned on appeal, always been known to work in favour of the club as opposed to the officials whether it's the manager or the CEO..
As in, the fine and the ban. Rather him than the coaching staff.

There's usually the full report on the FA website at some point, so people will probably be able to find out what he said if they're interested enough to want to look for it!

I wonder how it will compare to what I heard last Saturday when I went with a mate to watch his son play for Bosham FC. The ref was one of those officious types and after a huge downpour at half time, wanted to abandon the match. Both sides wanted it to go ahead, so various people emerged with forks and squeegies to sort out the pitch.

Amid all the discussions about whether or not the pitch was fit to play, the ref was heard to say, to the Bosham manager, " I don't appreciate your groundsman calling me a bell-end"

Priceless!