Lewis Montsma | Vital Football

Lewis Montsma

What about Mandriou?

Both he and Ted Bishop were walking pretty freely as they came past me in the Upper Co-op yesterday. I assume both had been in the legends lounge for a bit. That said Tom Hopper was walking just as well as he did the same at the Sheffield Wednesday home game and that was a few weeks ago so probably not a very helpful post

Both he and Ted Bishop were walking pretty freely as they came past me in the Upper Co-op yesterday. I assume both had been in the legends lounge for a bit. That said Tom Hopper was walking just as well as he did the same at the Sheffield Wednesday home game and that was a few weeks ago so probably not a very helpful post
..... mmm I'm just wondering now what you meant 'for a bit'? :yes:

A fit Montsma in a back 3 with licence to break forward into midfield and spray passes around is really something to look forward to. Montsma, Jacko and Walsh would be the dream team if we are going to play the 3

Who are we going to drop once Monstma is fit then?

To be honest, as it stands, none of the back three (Walsh, O'Connor and Jacko) deserved to be dropped.
As long as Mr. Monstma is a good player I don't think that defensively he is any better than the three I just mentioned above.

I wish we could have ,,problems" like that up front as well.

I think it's going to take Montsma a while to get going again, I suspect we'll look after him like we do Jackson and Walsh and to be honest, they're not three bad CB's to have to rotate are they?!

Really hope we can find a way to get 25 games a season out of Walsh and Jackson. If we can have one of them in our starting XI every week then it'd be a big plus.

I asked because I remembered the last thing I saw reckoned he’d be back in October/November, then seeing him training a few weeks ago was quite promising. Now talking about January? Thanks PompeyImp for the video. I guess they are taking it steady and making absolutely sure that he is 100% before they risk him in games. Guess they can do that with the defence playing the way it is and the number of fit defenders we currently have. Personally, I wouldn’t mind him playing the Bridcutt role in front of the back three, but that would mean big decisions on existing players and structure. Like many others though I am so looking forward to seeing him on the pitch again. Good luck Lewis 👍👏

I asked because I remembered the last thing I saw reckoned he’d be back in October/November, then seeing him training a few weeks ago was quite promising. Now talking about January? Thanks PompeyImp for the video. I guess they are taking it steady and making absolutely sure that he is 100% before they risk him in games. Guess they can do that with the defence playing the way it is and the number of fit defenders we currently have. Personally, I wouldn’t mind him playing the Bridcutt role in front of the back three, but that would mean big decisions on existing players and structure. Like many others though I am so looking forward to seeing him on the pitch again. Good luck Lewis 👍👏

I spoke to him in the car park before the Charlton game, he was clear then that he wouldn't be back training with the squad until November and he would need several friendlies before he got any playing time for the first team. It was obvious to me we wouldn't see him before Xmas after hearing that...

Who are we going to drop once Monstma is fit then?

To be honest, as it stands, none of the back three (Walsh, O'Connor and Jacko) deserved to be dropped.
As long as Mr. Monstma is a good player I don't think that defensively he is any better than the three I just mentioned above.

I wish we could have ,,problems" like that up front as well.
Walsh only plays one game in three so still a liability

I can’t see him playing regularly until next season when he will be fully fit and we have a different squad

His October/November return would have been more outdoors training than match ready return.

I have heard Walsh say in an interview that he is fit and is willing to play every week.

It is the medical guys who are advising the coach when and when not to play him.

I suppose that is understandable with Walsh's fitness record of late, but one thing for sure is that we are a much better team with him in it.