Let's stop all this nonsense | Page 2 | Vital Football

Let's stop all this nonsense

Bradford are also terrible at home this season - 18th in the home table for the season, taken just 20pts from 16 games, they've lost 8 times at home already.

RotherhitheGill - 16/2/2018 11:47

Wayne, I was thinking more of:

Rotherham (H)
Portsmouth (A)
Blackburn (H)
Bradford (A)
MK Dons (H)

Whilst I agree that on the face of it these look tricky, the 5 games in April look, on paper, to be a little easier

Southend (A)
Doncaster Rovers (H)
Oldham (A)
Blackpool (H)
Bristol Rovers (A)

How many points do we think we will get out of the 30 on offer from these 10 games?

18 to 20 perhaps?

Add that to the 44 we've got plus perhaps getting 4 or 6 from the next 3 games (Shrewsbury away will be tough and I expect Walsall and Bury will be no pushovers either) and maybe something at home to Plymouth on the last day of the season and we could be looking at a mid 60s points finish. If we get lucky it could be better of course and the play offs could be achievable.

The team finishing 6th in the last 6 season have had between 69 and 74 points

In an earlier poll I voted that I was looking down rather than up. That's been reversed - although I still take the occasional peak at the bottom 4.

Would love another crack at the League 1 play offs.

:35:

Interesting to read comments about past predictions. My reading of this board is that opinions here are like oil tankers that take forever to turn round. Think of how long the misplaced loyalty to the Duke of York endured. Likewise recently the (not so misplaced, admittedly) pessimism at the start of the season has still not been completely shaken off despite such pessimism now flying in the face of the facts!