Lets be grateful for what we have | Page 2 | Vital Football

Lets be grateful for what we have

Well obviously, Gillingham season tickets should be priced lower than Charlton and definitely lower than Millwall FFS they're in a higher division.

If it is the case that Millwall's should be more expensive then could I advise you e-mail John Berylson and complain his tickets are too cheap and he needs to raise them to a price more expensive than Gillingham's.

Charlton is in the same league as us. Why should we have cheaper tickets??

Cos we're crapper than than the Spotters?

A crapnicity scale that is linked to S/T prices needs devising. Bury and Brechin fans would actually be paid to go to games under this new system. Our tickets would be less than a quid a game.

Well that's just being ridiculous it's very difficult for people to afford watching football as it these days. Anyway it seems to be working out for Berylson and Millwall wouldn't you agree?

Erm because Charlton have a better squad and a much nicer stadium, why on earth should Gillingham ST be more expensive. Bizarre.

So how much should our STs be? What do you think the increase in uptake will be?

Last edited:
I was disappointed that Millwall missed out on the play offs, would have found them being in the Premier League very entertaining!

Bromley it is simply a case of economics. If you regularly attract higher gates as Millwall and Charlton do then you budget accordingly and can offer cheaper season tickets.
Gillingham sell at lot less having smaller gates and this impacts on the budget and the ST price.
The club needs to achieve a given level of income from gate receipts and season tickets.
If we could attract bigger gates then no doubt more money could be made available for the playing budget.
But as we know success on the pitch isn't likely to produce gates of more than 7500 whereas Charlton and Millwall can double that.

I can see both sides. I am absolutely sure the likes of Stockport and Chesterfield would swap with us tomorrow.

On the other side the lack of progress on the pitch doesn't exactly fill you with excitement.

Is it unrealistic to expect better ?

Maybe its the terms that Scally has offered that results in no investors. Despite what people say they are out there and have invested (still think gambled is a better word) in football clubs.

It does feel like we are stagnating as a club and if league one survival is the best we can aim for that seems disappointing.

Of course Stockport and Chesterfield would bite your hands off for that. It all comes down to what you are happy with.