Lenny Piper | Vital Football

Lenny Piper

Yeah, what's wrong with him, do you know, Rotherhithe?

I'll never forget his last minute winner against Bristol City. The RE went berserk and moments later the final whistle went. Then as we attempted to exit into Redfearn Avenue we were attacked by City fans. They were throwing punches at old gimmers and there were kids and women about too. Never liked Bristol City since then. Up the Gasheads, lol.

Would like to say more, but feel it would be inappropriate at this time. Maybe someone else has more "actual" information. I believe that Lenny has family in area I live in and a few of the people in the "know" will have information. Mine is only second hand and I do not know the authenticity and the accuracy of the information, I just wish the best for him.

Good memories.

Would like to say more, but feel it would be inappropriate at this time. Maybe someone else has more "actual" information. I believe that Lenny has family in area I live in and a few of the people in the "know" will have information. Mine is only second hand and I do not know the authenticity and the accuracy of the information, I just wish the best for him.

Good memories.

Fair enough, mate.

Yeah, what's wrong with him, do you know, Rotherhithe?

I'll never forget his last minute winner against Bristol City. The RE went berserk and moments later the final whistle went. Then as we attempted to exit into Redfearn Avenue we were attacked by City fans. They were throwing punches at old gimmers and there were kids and women about too. Never liked Bristol City since then. Up the Gasheads, lol.

My abiding memory of that was of a diminutive young policewoman putting herself between the baying City fans and the 'RE faithful. She kept the two sides apart on her own for what seemed ages but was probably only a few mins until more police arrived. It was the most conspicuous act of bravery I've ever witnessed.
I had my very young son (3yo) with me and was starting to get very concerned about the crush around us while the city fans were dispersed.
Can't remember a thing about the game.

My abiding memory of that was of a diminutive young policewoman putting herself between the baying City fans and the 'RE faithful. She kept the two sides apart on her own for what seemed ages but was probably only a few mins until more police arrived. It was the most conspicuous act of bravery I've ever witnessed.
I had my very young son (3yo) with me and was starting to get very concerned about the crush around us while the city fans were dispersed.
Can't remember a thing about the game.

You're right. I'd forgotten but now I remember that very clearly too. She was amazing! Very brave indeed. I'm really pleased you've reminded me of that. Thanks!

You're right. I'd forgotten but now I remember that very clearly too. She was amazing! Very brave indeed. I'm really pleased you've reminded me of that. Thanks!
Must have taken a day off from beating up protesters then Buddha.
:-)

Must have taken a day off from beating up protesters then Buddha.
:-)

Tbh I'm only surprised it took eleven minutes!

I was at a rave once when a group of police came in to do whatever. There were only a few of them and they weren't tooled up of being heavy handed. They were just wandering through the rave. Which was outdoors in the middle of nowhere, somewhere.

One of the police was a young female. I didn't a few minutes watching her, it was brilliant! She had clearly never seen or experienced anything like what she was witnessing. If looked as if her mind was being blown. Wide-eyed she was, as if it was she who was on drugs, looking round in amazement and wonder. But she didn't look disgusted or disapproving, more like she wished she was a raver and not s copper!

Of course, this was all just an impression I gained for watching her for a little while. It was good though.

Tbh I'm only surprised it took eleven minutes!

I was at a rave once when a group of police came in to do whatever. There were only a few of them and they weren't tooled up of being heavy handed. They were just wandering through the rave. Which was outdoors in the middle of nowhere, somewhere.

One of the police was a young female. I didn't a few minutes watching her, it was brilliant! She had clearly never seen or experienced anything like what she was witnessing. If looked as if her mind was being blown. Wide-eyed she was, as if it was she who was on drugs, looking round in amazement and wonder. But she didn't look disgusted or disapproving, more like she wished she was a raver and not s copper!

Of course, this was all just an impression I gained for watching her for a little while. It was good though.
I was having a joke/tease Buddha, hence the smiley face.

I know you were. And was pleased you got it in before anybody else used it as an opportunity to have a proper dig.

Sorry if you mistakenly thought I'd taken offence. :-)
That's fine Buddha. Btw, in spite of my connections I am well aware that some police can be proper norty (as with people in every occupation).