Leicester's number 4 | Vital Football

Leicester's number 4

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
The guy at the back with the long hair, Suyuncu (just looked him up) turned round to applaud the Rainham End at the final whistle, he started to walk away and turned round to do it again with another one of their team. What with Vardy applauding and separately bowing to the R E when taken off after all the stick he'd been given, makes me give them a great deal of respect compared to what I would normally have done.
I was wondering is this a premier league thing as I've never seen it at Priestfield before?

The guy at the back with the long hair, Suyuncu (just looked him up) turned round to applaud the Rainham End at the final whistle, he started to walk away and turned round to do it again with another one of their team. What with Vardy applauding and separately bowing to the R E when taken off after all the stick he'd been given, makes me give them a great deal of respect compared to what I would normally have done.
I was wondering is this a premier league thing as I've never seen it at Priestfield before?

I remember someone saying on here or Twitter at the time that Declan Rice done it after we played West Ham in the cup.

Also Rodgers was taking the time on the pitch after the game to talk to our players and slap them on the back which I thought was a nice gesture.

Soyuncu started off with a lesser known team and made his name with relatively small town Freiberg. Turkish football is a little crazy, passionate supporters appreciated by players. Perhaps he saw a little bit of home by the Medway.

Also Rodgers was taking the time on the pitch after the game to talk to our players and slap them on the back which I thought was a nice gesture.

A Gills fan on Twitter was saying Brendan Rogers stayed pitch side after the game for about 15 mins chatting with young fans and signing autographs.

Fair play to LCFC, their staff, players and fans all seemed to be respectful towards GFC.

LCFC is very much a community club from their chairman, Top, the son of the guy who was killed in the helicopter crash, down. BG keeps talking about community, we could do worse than try to emulate the way they go about it

Our next signing - he's just making a good start with the locals ;-)

Seriously I thought it was class.

Brentford manager did the same.

So much better than some players and indeed managers - Nil could have made effort yesterday but didn't.

Fair play to Vardy for the spirit in which he took the gubbing off the crowd. Class from the LCFC players and Rogers who respected the spirit of the cup and of course our important role in keeping them at bay for most of the game.

Makes a nice change to see that, I dont normally care much for PL players as I find so many of them see themselves as big time charlies and distance themselves from real football fans & a fair few lack morals imo. But the Foxes have given me hope & helped change my opinion a little so respect to them.
Brenden Rodgers will know all about smaller clubs as many years back he was playing at Newport IOW FC.