Leicester v NUFC | Page 4 | Vital Football

Leicester v NUFC

What did anyone expect ? A team of players by and large cobbled together by one of the most tactically obsessed defensive managers in the game collapses again and again now it's under one of the most tactically inept managers. Bruce is a title winning centre half who cannot even organize a back line. I've said this so many times : It's managed decline by Ashley, relegation and reset with parachute money protecting him in the short term.

I feel sorry for the likes of Almiron and Joelinton . Joining this absolute Groundhog Day shitfest of a zombie club. Joelinton is 23 in his first season in English football (which is always tough to adapt to for players from South America) been bought for a ridiculous fee and is playing uptop on his own with a team that struggles to get 30% possession at home.

Almiron joined a totally different team to the side he now plays for. Within 9 months his entire job has changed. He's suffered a nasty injury which he's coming back from and he's now often bombed out to the flanks used mainly as an out ball with no support on the breakaways (see the Liverpool game , as one move was a perfect example of a man who kept running, then looked for a man to pass to, nothing on , then repeating the same , then having to try and buy the the throw in, then he's criticized for running into blind alleys).

Its amazing mind watching a game like that and finding it vaguely amusing. I never thought I could feel like that about my club, my old dads club. Thats the result of Ashleys stewardship for me and many others i am sure. The only thing which really irritated me was the commentator calling JoeLinton "Joe Ellington" all the time. Can't be right can it? Also I felt sorry for the away fans who sang right through to show their solidarity with the club. I wish they would all just stop going.

Have just been prompted to look back at a Louise Taylor summary of Bruce after he was sacked by Sunderland:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

It will be remembered that he won 2 of his first 13 Premier League games that season, being knocked out of the League Cup by Brighton.

He had won two out of 15 in the previous season, on top of which he beat Colchester in the League Cup before being knocked out by West Ham.

Prior to joining us, his last Premier League season was 2014-15 at Hull. He had 2 wins in his first 17, being knocked out of the League Cup by West Brom.

Lee Charnley surely deserves full credit for the appointment of a manager with the pedigree of a mongrel and Ashley appropriate adulation for confirming the appointment.

After the next three games who would back against Bruce having a percentage win ratio in single figures. A pathetic choice of manager by Penfold. Like Rexn points out there was and is a reoccurring pattern to his managerial career. Did it not stir any alarm bells with Penfold that this would be Bruce's 11th job as manager.

Don’t think it was really a choice Mac, it was a case of which desperate ***** will work for this prick, Bruce held his hand up. I think there’s only Mark Hughes and David Moyes left.

I rate Pulis. He at least has a tactical plan and a philosophy regarding football although it's far from a purist's. Look at how Stoke have declined without him, he did a very good job for Palace, and West Brom were relegated after his departure (taxi for Monsieur Pardeaux). Haven't really followed what happened with Boro but since his departure they hardly seem stronger. The football would still be crap here but you wouldn;t get the players downing tools as spectacularly as they have under Cabageheed .

No offence Keggy, but if you rate Pulis you’re clearly ill. My thoughts are with you and your family through your fight with dementia.

No offence Keggy, but if you rate Pulis you’re clearly ill. My thoughts are with you and your family through your fight with dementia.
I think I understand where Keggy is coming from. Relative to some of the others, Moyes, Hughes etc.

Surely Bruce must have known he was on a hiding to nowt taking the job in the first place. Having said that the chances of Manchester being the most northernly club in the Premiership next season must be agreeable with many of the supporters and clubs that remain.

If he ever shows his face in the ground again,this is how he should be frogmarched to the Tyne Bridge,the apathy outside the ground is as bad as the apathy inside,shameful.

If he ever shows his face in the ground again,this is how he should be frogmarched to the Tyne Bridge,the apathy outside the ground is as bad as the apathy inside,shameful.

I’d imagine there’s more chance of being frogmarched to Sh1te Direct for some Donnay socks.

The reserves and juniors are equally as shite. The club is dying s slow painful death and there will be a fair few in the media enjoying every minute. Even Luke Edwards is still taking veiled potshots at Rafa because his mate Bruce is a shit manager and the fans called it long before cottoned on. Misguided loyalty of huge proportions.

Amazing how North East football has fallen of a cliff. Not so many years ago there were 3 teams competing in the premier league and regularly in cup finals. Now we have the unwashed in division 3, Boro looking like they might end up there and ourselves a laughing stock in the premiership. Meanwhile others thrive?

it’s not just the NE - it’s more or less the whole east side of the Pennines down. Had Sheff Utd and Norwich not been promoted, Newcastle would have been the last along with Leicester. And, let’s face it - at least one of them other than the foxes will go down this season.

Last edited: