Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 42 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

Yes, good idea re journos. The ones that do that Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports can be very good.

I‘m the opposite with journalists. I look at and listen to some and think that they have never kicked a football in their life.

Prefer an ex-.pro. But someone who has been there done it at the highest level but is also interesting, tells it how it is and not afraid to do so and not someone who ticks certain criteria which seems to be the thinking now.

Its why I think Gary Neville is superb and has my respect, been there done it but despite loyalties not afraid to do things like call Manure out when necessary.

I am sure it's been said already but one look at the stats for the game would blow Murphys 'analysis' out of the water. Of course anyone who actually watched the game would say it was exactly like the stats 50-50.

Both of our stats were virtually the same, the only two things were we had one big chance which we didn't even score from, they had none and we scored.

I've really grown a huge distaste for these analysts lately, as I've said a lot they generally don't bring anything to the table. I'd rather go on youtube and listen to random fan opinions from other clubs.

I‘m the opposite with journalists. I look at and listen to some and think that they have never kicked a football in their life.

Prefer an ex-.pro. But someone who has been there done it at the highest level but is also interesting, tells it how it is and not afraid to do so and not someone who ticks certain criteria which seems to be the thinking now.

Its why I think Gary Neville is superb and has my respect, been there done it but despite loyalties not afraid to do things like call Manure out when necessary.

Some of the ex pros are very good, and Neville is a good example, also Jermane Jenas is good I think. I like the enthusiasm of Ian Wright and the madness of Roy Keane. But not every pundit has to be a pro, some of the journos are also very decent.

Then again, I seem to be getting into a debate I don't have that much interest in ! LOL

Some are awful though.

Only after we'd won :lol:.

It's a match thread, always a roller coaster. To be fair, I didn't read or post much, I was watching. But match threads are always up and down.

The match was, as the pundits said, a tough watch to be fair. But the result is all important and for me, we clearly deserved what we got, we had the attacking intent.

‘Grealish is a narsty person’ 😂😂😂 Never met the bloke but ok 😂😂😂
One of my mates was at Villa academy as Jack was coming through. He was "The Golden Child" and the buzz around him was clear to see to all the other lads. So he was treated differently, even back as a 15yr old, and Jack had a bit of an heir of superiority, but there was nothing malicious about him (even if he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box) :lol:

So I call "horseshit" to this Leicester fan and anyone else who ignorantly believe that they can identify a man's character from a game of footie. Ya boo sucks to you fella!

For me this was the match that really showed just how far we have come last season Leicester would have come out all guns blazing and blew us away.But this time they were too scared to over commit and took us very seriously so Rogers obviously thinks were not a flash in the pan.This is the reason the defence looks solid because our attacking threat is keeping teams at bay so basically we are defending from the front be interesting to see how Leeds approach us they normally dominate the midfield against us can't see that working for them now.

Yes, as if that was within our control. And I'm pretty sure the Leicester team we beat to get to the League Cup final was pretty strong. Still beat them.

It is sort of obvious when you face a team with injuries, that you are a bit lucky, but don't all teams get injuries and good/bad luck.

He did sound a right pratt last night.
It was right up there with the "Villa didn't cut the grass" shenanigans' :Fingers:

A bloke I know is a Chelsea fan. Moaning about Barkley is to be expected but he said that if Chelsea had our defence and their forwards they’d walk the league.

Meh, whatever to that really. But think those two are good mates anyway aren't they?! The lack of fans have done Jack and the other players like Kyle Walker a favour, they'd have certainly getting it if the fans were there.

Was a strange game for fouls really, loads on both sides, and 7 cards. Very stop start
Sloppy ref.

What a great start to the week....lovely to go to work this morning with a very big spring in my step...With all the crap going on in the world at the moment, what a fillip to see so much positivity about the club...at last! Just seen that as well as the first team beating Leicester, the U18’s beat Spurs and are top of the league with 5 wins out of 5 and the U23’s have beaten Wolves 3-1 this afternoon with Louie Barry impressing.....and even Talkshite are talking about Villa at 6, asking whether we could do a Leicester this season.....early days to predict that but after the year we’ve had...I wouldn’t rule out anything...! Just a pity we can’t be there to enjoy it live...can you imagine the scenes in the away end last night..!? Would have been utter carnage and utterly brilliant! Miss being there more than I thought I ever would but we’ll be back and I’ve got a feeling when we do, the atmosphere both home and away could be very special and worth waiting for.

What a great start to the week....lovely to go to work this morning with a very big spring in my step...With all the crap going on in the world at the moment, what a fillip to see so much positivity about the club...at last! Just seen that as well as the first team beating Leicester, the U18’s beat Spurs and are top of the league with 5 wins out of 5 and the U23’s have beaten Wolves 3-1 this afternoon with Louie Barry impressing.....and even Talkshite are talking about Villa at 6, asking whether we could do a Leicester this season.....early days to predict that but after the year we’ve had...I wouldn’t rule out anything...! Just a pity we can’t be there to enjoy it live...can you imagine the scenes in the away end last night..!? Would have been utter carnage and utterly brilliant! Miss being there more than I thought I ever would but we’ll be back and I’ve got a feeling when we do, the atmosphere both home and away could be very special and worth waiting for.
It's hard now but think about it this way; next time we are allowed to go back, we might be going to watch us play in Europe!

I watched the game and was impressed with the passing, movement and overall play from villa.. later on I watched Skys 2.5 min summary of the game and it was mainly Leicester in possession and their play....Murphy must have just watched that 2.5 min summary to come to the conclusion that we were out to ruin the game. An even match first half and we were better second half.

I don't get why the likes of Murphy, Richards or even agbonlahor are pundits for TV, they hardly set the world alight winning trophies, couldnt put them in the eye candy category or couldnt put them in the insightful information crew either. I used to like Keith Andrews and Liam Roseinor when they were doing the championship games....they backed up what they were saying with facts and not opinions. Ritchie Sadlier, an ex millwall/ irish international does work over in Ireland and he is excellent.