Leicester sack Puel | Vital Football

Leicester sack Puel

plumbob

Vital Champions League
Hardly surprising given their hammering yesterday.

Saw this on the Beeb comments -
"85. Posted bydjhfox
on2 minutes ago
About time, but lets go for a young manager, someone who can run with the club, someone who knows his football inside out, ie the Cowley brothers at Lincoln City."

Now that would be surprising!

I think Leicester is a tough job for any manager at the moment because their expectations are all over the place. They're a mid table club at best really but they've got that one freak season hanging over them. Whenever they do move on the Cowleys will want to be assured of getting time.

I think Leicester is a tough job for any manager at the moment because their expectations are all over the place. They're a mid table club at best really but they've got that one freak season hanging over them. Whenever they do move on the Cowleys will want to be assured of getting time.

The higher up the chain you go the less time you get. Look at Sarri at Chelsea who had a cracking start to the season but has had a few bad results lately and by all accounts if they lose the Carabou cup final today he could be out of the door. Staggering really after basically half a season there only and making it to a major cup final.
The Cowleys won't be given proper time so they'd be better off just staying where they are

The Cowleys’ first job in the Premier League will be via promotion from the Championship.

I suspect their first job in the Championship wil be via promotion from League One.

I hope their first job in League One will be next season via a promotion with us.

This is the Cowley method.

Slippery slope winning the league 3 years ago was a massive over achievement by them and suffered from it ever since.
Leicester are normally a lower half prem very good championship side bar one wonderful season.

"85. Posted bydjhfox
on2 minutes ago
About time, but lets go for a young manager, someone who can run with the club, someone who knows his football inside out, ie the Cowley brothers at Lincoln City."

:lol: is this bloke for real? The gulf is absolutely huge, a one off Cup game v Burnley is one thing, but a complete season in the Prem totally different.

"85. Posted bydjhfox
on2 minutes ago

Clutching at straws!.
Fat Sam in til the end of the season, megadosh if he keeps them up?

Look at Sarri at Chelsea who had a cracking start to the season but has had a few bad results lately

On Sarri, I was watching Chelsea on Monday in the FA Cup and realised they're no where near as bad as people make out. A couple of tactical tweaks to adjust Sarri-ball to English football required. But the biggest change they need to make is set pieces. They obviously do not practice them, or put what they train into practice. This made me really appreciate the Cowley's and their training methods because they do pay attention to set pieces (Love Train) and undoubtedly get their message across and repeated on the pitch when it counts.

Make these changes and Chelsea will be Champion contenders again.

Lucky our managers aren't called Cowlinho.

Totally agree with Kev . One win in a one off game, and one promotion to the football league dosen't mean a thing to 1st Division clubs looking at new managers. He , the new manager, needs to be "time served" so another promotion , with a good season following the promotion, might be a different matter . He , or they will go at some stage in the career , and only they will know when the time is right . However maybe some club will take a risk , who knows , but I doubt it .

There's a lot of truth in the "you can take the boy out of London, but you will never take London out of the boy" . Same in my case , I live in Cheshire but my home is Bromley . Always will be .

One day West Ham may come calling , who knows

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Nigel Pearson back in charge either temporary or permanent. Or perhaps Rafa at the end of the season.