Legacy Initiative | Vital Football

Legacy Initiative

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
I posted this on another thread, but what folks think about a fundraising initiative for, say, a statue of an iconic Imps' manager at SB? I'm not saying which manager!

Subscription, with half for the statue and half to the club.

Even if not this, some kind of similar initiative might work and allow some kind of permanent cultural improvement to SB.

As I said, just thinking aloud.

A - Remove the graffiti mural and replace it.
B - Something to do with youth team for me, pay for a scholarship / doing something with Keith's charity in St.Kitts (?) would be great.

How about a statue of the great Gary Simpson, depicted on his arse after North Ferriby?

The OP doesn't specify whom the statue would be of. I would hate to assume.

I think that would have to be put to a vote. Obvious candidates:

Bill Anderson
Graham Taylor
Colin Murphy
Keith Alexander
Danny Cowley

Probably too soon for the Cowleys and Murph is still around, so I suppose that leaves 3.

Perhaps our managers are just not quite iconic enough for this?

As I said, just thinking aloud. Could be something totally different that people subscribe to.

Probably too soon for the Cowleys

I'm not sure the modern era of football lends itself really to this kind of thing. We would end up with statues everywhere for every manager that managed to get us promoted.

As a remembrance thing - Graham Taylor. Yes.

Keith has pride of place on the mural already. I would struggle to describe the rest of the mural from memory other than Keith Alexander is on it. ll

I think much better is something like the wall mural where it can continually be added to remembering the history of the club rather than a particular person.

I think the Cowleys should rightfully be added as an extension to the existing mural and that mural should be maintained and lot let it deteriorate over the years.

How that happens is hard to say because eventually that wall will be no more and a new stand in it's place (or new location.)