Left sided centre back. | Vital Football

Left sided centre back.

abebaby

Vital Squad Member
After watching the game last night, I asked myself the question Is DC reducing his options if looking for a left footed CB? And should he not be looking for a CB who can play on the left. I,m asking this because I thought Waterfall looked comfortable there last night in the second half.

I will be very annoyed if Waterfall is not a first choice centre back this season.Lincoln are better organised with him on the pitch and at times I did not appreciate Ragget blaming other players when goals went in. Unfairly dropped last year and not convinced Wilson is a better player. Anyway who is the left sided centre back?

I will be very annoyed if Waterfall is not a first choice centre back this season.Lincoln are better organised with him on the pitch and at times I did not appreciate Ragget blaming other players when goals went in. Unfairly dropped last year and not convinced Wilson is a better player. Anyway who is the left sided centre back?

Totally agree. When it comes to centre-backs, Waterfall's name should be the first one on the teamsheet. A brilliant leader and a solid defender. He was hard done to last season, making way for Dickie. As for Raggett, he was superb for us, but a fair few times opposition goals seemed to come directly due to his mistakes or the fact he had lost his man in the box.

Totally agree. When it comes to centre-backs, Waterfall's name should be the first one on the teamsheet. A brilliant leader and a solid defender. He was hard done to last season, making way for Dickie. As for Raggett, he was superb for us, but a fair few times opposition goals seemed to come directly due to his mistakes or the fact he had lost his man in the box.
I’m not convinced Raggett made more defensive errors than Waterfall, he may have been at fault for more goals but that’s partly down to his distribution responsibilities. I’d wager we’d have conceded far more if Waterfall was the one charged with bringing the ball out. Having said that, I’d like to see more of Waterfall this season. I’m hankering for a 4312/352 fluid system.

might be baily cargill of Bournemouth

It was out last night who he is, then people removed his name for fear of being the one to name him.

Im not saying his name(i dont know for real) but he may have worn malaysia on his team shirt last season?
Respect and guess to yourself!?

I'll accept you being annoyed if DC decides to go with an alternative pairing, after all he does seem to know best...

Likely a back 3.... Wilson, Bostwick plus new left sided one. Waterfall on the bench. DC wasn't afraid to bench him last season. I like him as a defender..... but just gets caught under the ball sometimes and as a consequence gets caught wrong side and doesn't have the pace to recover. Also suited better to a back 4 and not sure we will be playing that way.

It's Voldemort, the unknown Dutch defender and master of the 'dark arts', perfect fot us.

Anders Trialist, the no-nonsense Swedish regional Div 3 left footed CB is another option.

Waterfall should be first CB named on the teamsheet, he rose to the standard last season.

Sorry, still giving thanks to the Telegraph that 'Big Sam's' tenure as England manager was short.......

I’m not convinced Raggett made more defensive errors than Waterfall, he may have been at fault for more goals but that’s partly down to his distribution responsibilities. I’d wager we’d have conceded far more if Waterfall was the one charged with bringing the ball out. Having said that, I’d like to see more of Waterfall this season. I’m hankering for a 4312/352 fluid system.
He did